Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone have cards lost by PSA???!!!! Think I do

Submitted 100 1955 Topps high grade for my set registry, Post office says delivered, PSA never logged them as being recieved. Cards were insured, but who would pay me if they were lost? This has only been going on a week, but I am starting to egt nervous.image

Comments

• Options
    You need to call customer service to be sure that the order is not on the "problem" order list.
    Also, please be prepared to provide the customer service rep the tracking number for your registered, insured or Fed Ex package so they can confirm delivery.

Carol

• Options
    Yes, I contacted them, and they checked problem orders, not there. Also, they went down and checked "the vault" and it wasn't there. every item recieved is logged first, before it is vaulted or even opened. My packeage was never logged????!!?!?!image
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you send it registered?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    If it's registered or with delivery confirmation, I believe PSA would have to sign for it, so the post office would be able to prove it was delivered.

The post office can't prove it was delivered if you shipped it any other way.

So it sounds like PSA could have lost your cards unless the postman is up to no good. If that is the case, though, then hopefully for him his forged signature matches that of the person at PSA who accepts the packages!

My guess is that your shipment is somewhere at PSA. However, supposing they can't, find it, and it's shown that they signed for it, how could you prove what was in it?
  • Options
    it was sent insured with delivery confirmation. Delivery is confirmed through tracking number. I have the copies of the invoice to prove what was in it. I had it insured to the moon, am going to get a large check? Kind of torn whether or not I want the grades or the check at this point!
  • Options
    You must send it registerd per PSA requirements or they are off the hook.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You must send it registerd per PSA requirements or they are off the hook. >>

I think this was proven false by that guy with the T206 Magie. I'm guessing if it can be proven what was sent, the sender will be reimbursed for cost of the cards. Hopefully it will not require sueing PSA like the guy with the Magie.
  • Options
    If you bring a lawsuit!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>I think this was proven false by that guy with the T206 Magie. >>

are we positive that this guy is telling the truth?
    I mean, I would find it hard to believe
    that what he says happened, actually happened.

it is just too easy to SAY that you sent a perfect condition
    card that they just happened to loose?!
    imageimage
  • Options
    wallst32wallst32 Posts: 513 ✭✭

<< <i>I had it insured to the moon, am going to get a large check? Kind of torn whether or not I want the grades or the check at this point! >>

You'll get back what is determined to be the true fair value, which is not necessarily the amount you designated or payed for. So you should never "over insure" by too much such that it would significantly increase the fee.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>are we positive that this guy is telling the truth?
    >>

Never can be too sure, but this link was good enough for me.

Net54
  • Options
    Dan McKee is a good guy, he wasn't lying
  • Options

<< <i>Dan McKee is a good guy, he wasn't lying >>

sorry, but I do not know the guy
    but if Will or others here vouch for him...
    then I will give him the benefit of the doubt,
    but I STILL find it hard to believe that someone at PSA
    stole the card...
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've had PSA "lose" cards before. Actually, the last two groups that I've sent in had disappeared. The invoice numbers would not come up as received on the website status check, even when I contacted customer service, they had no verification that my package had arrived or was even in the system. A week later, there is a notice from the post office saying that I have a package to claim. Sure enough, it's my package of graded cards from PSA. I think it is just a case of disorganization with their computer systems and check in.

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    . I had it insured to the moon, am going to get a large check? Kind of torn whether or not I want the grades or the check at this point!

This has only been going on a week,

a week? and you already are at the point where you feel they will not be found? did you put the service level on the side of the box???

becareful. it is unwise to count your chickens b4 they hatch.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Nice icon, wick. My aunt's a Glaswegian and a huge Rangers fan. Would you be interested in joining a free F.A. Premier League fantasy league? (Or anybody else who stumbles across this thread, for that matter.) I know the season's already started, but we had a few stragglers join late last year too.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I would assume that PSA would be on the hitch for the amount you insured if for with the post office. If you insure some cards for 5000 bucks then that is what they're worth. PSA should have to pay that amount.
    Collector of T201 Mecca double folders. Graded and Raw...
  • Options
    Nice icon, wick. My aunt's a Glaswegian and a huge Rangers fan. Would you be interested in joining a free F.A. Premier League fantasy league? (Or anybody else who stumbles across this thread, for that matter.) I know the season's already started, but we had a few stragglers join late last year too.

Thanks for the invite Yawie, but I'll have to sadly decline. I've got a number of leagues and pools going on right now to make my head spin and cannae add another. My wife is a Glaswegian and I get major suck up points for the Gers being my icon. We were in Glasgow during the Scottish Cup and talk about a sea of black and white(Dunfermline) and a sea of green and white(Celtic) trying to get at each others throats throughout the city.

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    If you insure some cards for 5000 bucks then that is what they're worth. PSA should have to pay that amount.

How does an insurance claim work if PSA claims that they never received the package if there's no signature of receipt ? That's why you should always send it registered and pay the extra $2 for the green return receipt showing who exactly signed for it. So the bottomline is, who is responsible for the lost cards? Post office says they delivered it, PSA says they never got it. One of the 2 is lying.
    It's either at the letter carrier's house and he's repackaging it because he's trying to complete that set for his registry, or it's bad organization by PSA. However, a week is still fairly early.
  • Options
    You should have sent it registered, Delivery confirmation is not always accurate. I have had items shipped to me where the DC says they are delivered, but it is another 3 or 4 days til I recieve the package. I have also sent items with DC before and the number say it was delivered the same day it was mailed. All Delivery Confirmation really proves is that something bearing that DC number was put into the postal system.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>I have the copies of the invoice to prove what was in it. I had it insured to the moon, am going to get a large check? Kind of torn whether or not I want the grades or the check at this point! >>

It's way too early to be planning how to spend a "big check" from PSA, and seems a little odd to be saying at this point. For one thing, it's only been a week and even just failing to write the level of service on the box could prevent it from being logged in for longer than that.

For another thing, having a "copy of the invoice" only proves what you wrote on the invoice. Just for example, you could have printed out an invoice just before you sent your parcel, to give it a submission # that will correspond to that date. Then you could write whatever you want, such as:

1. Topps 1952 #311 Mickey Mantle $75,000
    2. Topps 1953 #82 Mickey Mantle $10,000
    2. Topps 1955 #164 Roberto Clemente $7,500 etc.

Then if the parcel is truly and forever missing, you could make a claim for all these. So it can't be as simple as being able to produce an invoice.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    While many things in life can be short-cut, sending cards to PSA is not one of them. It needs to be done EXACTLY as they describe it on the form. Registered, sig's, copies, etc., are the only way to go.

A week is still early though. Hang in there.

BOTR
  • Options
    Had a similar problem. Talked to Ernesto. EVERYONE is on vacation he says. It'll be there, same thing happened to me, but everything turned out A-Ok.

-Ian