Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My definition of sad!

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    All those nice respectable 5's and 6's, butchered into near-worthlessness ... image
  • Options
    1954 Topps #132 Tommy Lasorda RC PRO 6 EX-NM + Free PSA
    Must really be a horrible card to get a 6 from PRO.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    ARGH! NOOOOO! not the Cobbs!! How could they?
    Looking for:
    1953 Topps in PSA 8
    1941 Playball in PSA 8.
    1952-1955 Red Man cards in 7 and 8
    1950 Bowman in PSA 8
  • Options
    What an absolute waste of some wonderful cards.
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    Is there a legit card encased in a PRO holder?
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This scammer has been selling Pro-Graded cards for quite a while now. The sad thing is that those who are naive and bid on these worthless cards, will give a seller like this a positive feedback when receiving the cards because of ignorance. The scam continues even if his current customers eventually find out that these cards are worthless because other newbies see the good feedback, figure this guy is legit, and so there is a constant flow of suckers buying these cards.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Must really be a horrible card to get a 6 from PRO.

I have often wondered if there are some legitimate PRO cards out there (which I am sure there are) and if PRO is catching on that a PRO 6 might seem more believable than a PRO 9.5.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    seller recently purchased 40 1984D psa 9's nq's for $2 each - now we know what the '+ free PSA' cards will be at some point.............

shame, shame, shame

BOTR
  • Options
    I say open a new ebay account, buy the Lasorda for $20, then leave a neg comment and let the truth be told. Once bought, send it in to PSA for proof of trimming etc, maybe then someone can file a lawsuit for fraud...then again, what do I know?

You can also give the owner at Pro a call:

Pro Grading

Their submission form clearly states, "PRO will not grade cards which bear evidence of trimming, recoloring, restoration or any other form of tampering, or are of questionable authenticity."

Kevin
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    How it is that no one has taken a baseball bat to either this guy or Moser is beyond me.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Last year I bought 3 PRO graded cards (All PRO 9's), a 55 Ted Williams, 60 Mantle and 64 Mantle for $2500. I busted all three and submitted to PSA. All three were trimmed. Thank god the seller was honest and refunded $2200 of my $2500.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Their submission form clearly states, "PRO will not grade cards which bear evidence of trimming, recoloring, restoration or any other form of tampering, or are of questionable authenticity.">>

That's funny.

• Options
    So what are they doing? Buying low grade cards, cracking them out, trimming them and then off to PRO, or buying raw and the same trim process. I would love to know...