Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

67standup

67standup,

You probably saw them already, but there are two of your favorite Yaz cards in the September 11, 2004 Heritage auction. (Lots # 19619 and 19620) Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    somehow when I opened up the catalog, that was the page I opened too. it must be an omenimage
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    The thing that jumped out at me was that they are now gouging "the winners" for 19.5% .
    .....never read past that before chucking it into the recycling bin.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>that they are now gouging "the winners" for 19.5% >>

That is a bit high, but If I bid (If the damn thing ever arrives) I will bid clearly w/ this in mind.
    If theres a lot on eBay thats worth $500 to me, I bid $500. W/ LeLands & Mastro (that charges a 15% premium). I bid $435, with Heritage, then I'll just bid $418. So the ones taking a hit are the consignors who will net $353 on my $418 bid. Heritage would nab $157 from the $418 bid...jay
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
  • Options
    67standup,

Did you win them?

b
  • Options
    $4899.50 and $5975.00 respectively. Do you think those are strong prices or normal for these cards?
  • Options
    What were the cards?
  • Options
    Lot#19619 1967 Topps Stand-Ups Carl Yastrzemski #21 Proof NRMT $4899.50

LINK

Lot#19620 1967 Topps Stand-Ups Carl Yastrzemski #21 Excellent $5975.00
  • Options
    Sorry for the lag time in responding, I've busy looking for change in the sofa and debating parting with my empty soda cans. The reason: I won the '67 Stand-Up for $5999 (including juice and shipping.)

I was high bidder on both at $3600 when Internet bidding ended. The rule was that the high Internet bid was supposed to be the floor opening bid, but those were $4K and $5K, respectively. A little trickery by Heritage, probably not, but makes you wonder. I decided to not go for the '67 Stand-Up proof after it hit $4K, as I didn’t really need both.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin