Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Raw Cards are shaped like Pringles Potato Chips..Hurt PSA Scores?

They appear to be mint cards, but are shaped like Pringles ...how does this happen to cards and will it decrease value and most importantly the PSA Grade?

Comments

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about a vending curl? Does the card curl from top to bottom or side to side also? The regular top to bottom curl comes from vending and it doesn't hurt the grade at all IMO. The only way I could think of a card bending 2 directions is maybe from water damage which would make it not worth grading anyways.
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    PDUB - Your link doesn't come up for me...jay
  • I was wondering the same thing. There was a thread a few weeks ago about this subject.

I finally opened my 1982 Fleer baseball set. Each card was more mint then the next, each with perfect or near perfect centering, bright colors and pack fresh gloss. I couldn't beleive that a set could look so nice. The only problem was each card is slightly warped. I also have a few Kelloggs (spelling) sets with he same shape. My thought is that PSA will not downgrade the cards if there not way out of shape.

Kevin
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    kevin - I trust you mean curled when you said warped - I have half a dozen '82 Fleer sets and a 5000 count box of singles - each card as curled top to bottom as the next.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Yes, curled is a more appropriate term. The Cal is all but perfect but "curled." Should I send it in?

Kevin
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Once you put a curled card in a top loader, it flattens itself out. Some Kelloggs cards can crack if the curl is too severe and when flattened the top layer may crack. On regular cardboard cards, the damage is less likely to ocurr...jay
  • I've had curled cards and they straighten out in a top loader. The only way it would be bad is if the curling created minor creases that you might not be able to see with the naked eye.
    Collector of T201 Mecca double folders. Graded and Raw...