Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roosie fans: New 95-D FB made. Now pop.3

The good news is there are now three collectors that can have a FB example in their Registry Sets.image

The bad news is, the new one only grades MS64FB. image
But, the two MS67's are in STRONG hands, making this MS64 very desirable. PM with offer if you are interested.
"Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
and they're cold.
I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
Mary

Best Franklin Website

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Dan
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To hear some people tell it there is no reason to collect such coins except to form
    a registry collection and acquire bragging rights. In real life though there are, and
    have been, a few collectors pursuing such coins for raw collections. Since these coins
    are rare, there are not large numbers in ultra high grade which are unslabbed, but
    these, too, are in very strong hands. Many of the modern rarities and the modern
    grade rarities will not be on the market for many years.

Of more import perhaps is that when the mint sets and proof sets dry up there will
    no longer be any source for many of these coins. The dimes and quarters were nev-
    er very heavily saved in rolls and are rarely seen.

Bushmaster8; Would you be so kind as to post the pops for not FB coins if you have
    them at hand?
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    1995-D pop's sans bands:
    63/we wont go there!
    64/5
    65/3
    66/37
    67/45
    68/4
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    I just removed my 95-D 67FB from my set image Soon everyone will know who now owns, and deserves it. Also it's going to be in better company, as compared to when I had it.
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>I just removed my 95-D 67FB from my set image Soon everyone will know who now owns, and deserves it. Also it's going to be in better company, as compared to when I had it. >>

Holy Cow Crap!!
    I'm surprised as heck Dan!, but if you did it for the reason that I am guessing you did it for, then I think you made a very smart move on the registry chessboard.imageimage
    and they're cold.
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    image After looking through a 1000 roosies and finding zero, I know what an accomplishment it is...Congrats!!!

Keith
    Keith
  • Options
    WoW FC a lot of zero's in the pop higher of your set. NICE
    Dan
  • Options
    cladking,

You're right. I'm going through a bout of registry fever myself at the moment, but I do have a lot of circulated and lower grade MS coins both graded and ungraded as well. As soon as I finish the sets I'm working on for the registry (Roosie dimes 1950-1964 Proof, Roosie dimes 1946-1964 MS non-FB, and Ike dollars Proof), I'll probably take a break and get back to some of them for a while. I have a half full album of circulated Franklin halves I'd especially like to finish filling.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192

<< <i>... a few collectors pursuing such coins for raw collections... >>

like me!