Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Yet another E-bay scam.

Here is a copy of an e-mail I received, how many must we endure before E-bay does something.

Dear eBay Customer,

This is an important message you have to read immediately after you get it. In the past 3 months, hackers tried to steal our users accounts with trivial procedures and use them for fraud. We worked with the FBI to ensure that those evil persons were caught. Unfortunately,some of the information in our system was compromised. Because of that, all users must log in and check if nothing in their accounts was modified. With this occasion we will log all ip addresses when users log in to eBay and store them in a database. When an unknown ip address is trying to login into your account, we will know that it's not you, and start the legal procedures.
Please click this link to login to eBay. Please note that after you click this link, only the user and password and IP address will be logged, and you will be redirected to the main eBay page. If you want to use the services at eBay you have to login again from the home page.

https://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&log=on

Comments

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistercoinman, please tell everyone DO NOT ANSWER THIS E-MAIL as you will be taken to the cleaners.

I hope everyone reads this...Thanks for posting it!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • i've been getting this and similiar weekly. reported to ebay, they've done nothing.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case anybody out there doen't Know What To Do.
    In your email program Forward this type of email to spoof@ebay.com.
    I have this address saved in my address book as these fools will only be caught if they are reported. More reports means faster action.image
    Oh and by the way never click on any link in the email.image