Options

More 2004-D State Quarters in MS69

The pop reports now show....

FL-D 1
TX-D 3
IA-D 1

No, I didn't make any of them.

Editted to add MS69 to the Title.
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    In what grades?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Possibly more TX-D MS69s made. This seller says one is one the way back from PCGS. Wondercoin said he placed a couple, and Dabigkahuna is selling one.

Pinevalley Sale
    Dabigkahuna Link
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    I think there are going to be a whole bunch of 2003-D mints made in MS-69. Much, much more then the 2002-P mints. Three or four months from now TX-D's in MS-69 are going to be a pretty common coin. I bet you'll be able to buy them for under $200. Just my humble opinion.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay,

You may want to edit your dates image
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Good of you to edit it and add the MS69 to the title. I suspect that there will be many more.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    i think people paying a $1000+ for an MS69 so early are just throwing their money away. in a few months these coins will have several more 69's. patience will save you $100's.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I think there are going to be a whole bunch of 2003-D mints made in MS-69. Much, much more then the 2002-P mints. Three or four months from now TX-D's in MS-69 are going to be a pretty common coin. I bet you'll be able to buy them for under $200. Just my humble opinion. "

I disagree with the learned Jay (who I greatly respect). I believe the "d" mint coins will be "doable", but more difficult that 2002-P quarters. This has also created a wonderful opportunity for the average collector to add some high grade Denver coins to his state quarter collection. Also, watch out for the 2004 "p" mint sleepers. Some of the best and the brightest state quarter guys in the hobby today have already targeted a few of the "p" mint state quarters are "sleeper" coins in MS68.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.