Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What does a low pop 1980 topps BB Psa 9 sell for?

What would a low pop 1/6 or less sell for?

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    $78.75

BOTR
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    What about a 1/2???
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    which one you have?Tell me team and player.
    Some sell and others you can't give away regardless of the pop.

Also,there are so many 10s out there now that it's drastically reduced the price of many 9s.

• Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    I have:

1980 Topps Pirates ED OTT #383 PSA 9 1/2 ONE HIGHER
    1980 Topps Red Sox STEVE RENKO #184 PSA 9 1/4 NO HIGHER

Thanks for your help!

RYan
  • Options
    About 6 to 8 each.
    There is a Pirate Team collector that's out there on the registry who might be interested in the Ott.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Wow Rob, barely grading fees for 9's. When I was grading 1980's semi heavily, I was getting about $12-$15 per common 9. Common 10's I was getting $35-$50. It's a tough market nowadays for people to grade cards. I don't submit anything like I used to. The only thing worth grading heavily anymore is 1971 and back and those are too tough to find nice. The only left to grade heavily in baseball is 1984 and later commons but at currents levels, those aren't profitable. As soon as enough collector's work on those sets to make them profitable, DSL, JT, and 4 sharp corners will drop about 500,000 graded cards on the market and they will be worthless in 6 months. It's a cycle.
  • Options
    Well,I wouldn't say everything is worthless.There are still cards out there like the #1 #6 the Gossage and other Yankees that Yield some interesting numbers.

I think it's down to 11 cards that don't exist in 9,as well.

The other thing I think is that with the recent explosion of 10s out there that the standard has loosened by compairison to when you were one of the heavy duty 80T submitters.Roger has come up with some very nice results as of late.And,there are some really cool 10s he has up of both commons and stars right now.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    that tells me that if you like the 80's set now is a great time to buy
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    I stand corrected.........$7.875

BOTR
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Rob is correct - I have been building my 80 set for a while now, and the prices to buy have never been better. However, as a seller, when I sell my doubles (from cards I submitted myself), the results are sad. I bought common 10's for $40-$50 almost a year ago or so, and now - they often sell for no more than $20-$25.

I even grabbed a nice PSA 9 of the tough card #1 for a mere $45 this week. Last one I saw broke the $80 mark.
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    There's still plenty of money post-71 in football. The surface has barely been scratched in modern and semi-modern football set building.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    That is true, Joe.

On the subject of 80's PSA 10's - look at this one. Is this PSA 10 centering? I think not. (And, the seller is in dreamland with his full SMR BIN).

Reggie
  • Options
    Not a card I would give a 10, but the centering looks fine.

-Ian
  • Options
    Hard to judge a very bad scan.All squashed with a possible stain on the glass?Some look like hell in ebay scans.Then you open the mailbox, to a package with a nice card your actually happy with.Ahhh Life is full of surprises.

The centering could possibly be compairable to the 600 inside the retired set.The retired card scan is a little bright, but if you saw it in person it has it's bling bling thing going on that everyone who eyeballed it seemed to like for a 10 of a cool card.