Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1963 Topps all graded set for sale

Hi Guys,

Now that I have your attention, I am thinking of taking offers on my 63 Topps baseball set to help my wife finish off the new addition on our house.

I do not need to sell the set but it would make my wife happy to see it go so she can buy all the important things in life..............like Gold Kohler fixtures, expensive draperies and imported Granite countertops.

What I have is the set 100% complete and all graded by PSA.

The set is all graded PSA-8 except for two cards which are PSA-7 and none have any qualifiers.

The only two PSA-7 cards are #34 Schofield and #362 Checklist.

The PSA-8 graded cards are all very high end and have been hand picked for quality so there is no sliders in the bunch.

I can send scans of any card if someone is seriously interested in buying the set intact.

If interested please private email me with your intentions.

Thanks!

Jim
Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej

Comments

• 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Nothing like selling cards so you can buy things for the house.
    In 1991 I bought a Michael Jordan rookie for $5, which later on graded a PSA 9. Times were tough back in 1995, so I sold the Jordan rookie so we could buy a microwave for the family. In 2002 we had a garage sell. The microwave that was purchased from the Jordan sell sold for $15.00. I love that story. It helps me realize that I will never sell my cards for household goods.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    JIM - I know the feeling, sold my '65 set (96.6% complete w/ 8.00 ave) to buy a nice shed (+ landscaping) to house our John Deere tractor also spent some of the dough on re-paving the driveway. To tell ya the truth, I'd rather have the '65 set image ...jay
  • I absolutely know this feeling. Sold several sets and high end cards last year in order to put together a down payment for the house we're currently in... the wife was, and is happy with it though, so it was for the better! image
  • TipemTipem Posts: 881

Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Or you could:

a) refinance your first mortgage
    b) take out a home quity line of credit 2nd mortgage
    c) take out a fixed rate home equity 2nd mortgage loan

• calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    how much does a kidney go for these days?
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Then again all stories are not that bad. I sold my childhhod collection in 1982 to buy my wedding rings....which we still wear.

Kevin
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Worse, selling your collection to buy your fiance a ring. Three years later having a wedding ring sit in your safety deposit box instead of your cards because your wife left you.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Maybe the wife left because it wasn't big enough...
  • ScoopScoop Posts: 168
    Jim , I also know the feeling...my PSA 8+ set was sold to finance final years of college for my 2 boys.

Unlike household goods or other tangible assets, I think my 'investment' will yield great results.

JIM S
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9
  • I sold off my 56 stars to buy the wife an engagment ring. What a waste as we now divorced. I have since replaced the cards, haven't found a replacement for the wife yet though. image
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim, good luck to you. I hope it all works out. Selling the entire set is tough, but I know you have done that before with the '62 set.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Thanks Guys for all of your input, I greatly appreciate it.

I have not received any seriors offers as of yet, so we'll see what happens.

If you think that the prices on PSA slabbed cards have gone up a lot in the last year or so, do some history and check out the numbers on building products which are up a whopping 50% in the last 18 months in my area.

Yes, Don I had a similar issue earlier this year with my 62' set to help finance the kitchen in our house....you have a good memory.

I personally think that my 63' set is better than the 62' one that I already sold and is 100% complete, while the 62' was only 95% complete.

regards,

Jim

• TipemTipem Posts: 881

Jim,

I sent a second PM.

Thanks,
    Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Jim:

I sent you a PM yesterday. Did you receive it?
  • jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Sold some cards to take the family to Hawaii. Don't really miss them much (except for one). Hawaii was a freakin blast!
  • purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭

<< <i>If you think that the prices on PSA slabbed cards have gone up a lot in the last year or so, do some history and check out the numbers on building products which are up a whopping 50% in the last 18 months in my area. >>

You can thank China for that. That country poured 50% of the concrete that was poured on Earth last year. They're sucking up everything.
  • Jim:

Was this collection sold?
  • Hey,

Don't sell your collection. Eff Kohler faucets. Screw Sub-Zero refrigerators. Sh!t on special light dimmers. It's all bull. Your cards are your only friends. If you sell them, what will it buy you? One romantic night when you get to do her in a position you like? Two weeks later, she'll be busing your eggs if you leave a pair of underpants halfway hanging out of the hamper. Why not let your wife carry someone else's baby. I think you can get like 75 thousand for surrogate mothering. The stuff in the house isn't for you. It's so your neighbors can be jealous and subsequently talk smack behind your back. Cards are pure, bro. Your set is amazing. Let's face it, none of us are going to be remembered for much once we kick. That set might be an heirloom or at least separate you from your other deadbeat friends. You can always make money, but you can't make cards--Especially PSA 8s. So let the little woman sell off some of her jewelry and pull down a couple of bucks sitting in stocks. Marriage is a two way street. She can contribute to if she wants gold leaf faucets. Heck, we all used to crap in a pan and wash our hands in the stream. Nobody has ever used a single gadget on one of those space age sinks. You can regulate a bath with your hand. Jacuzzi tubs are great when your wife goes to visit your mother and you lure the babysitter over under false pretenses. But, how many times a year does that happen? Four? Maybe five? Peg and groove floors are still floors. They don't say anything besides you kissed your boss' ass the right way to get the money. Cards speak volumes about a man. They represent a tie to the past. They are refined. They tell people you're just not some schmo who blows all his dough on Vera Wang gowns and Blahnik shoes because you're your wife's puppet. 1963 was a great year. The Rose rookie, the Koufax MVP season, the Mick, Mays, Aaron, Clemente, Robinson (Brooks and Frank). Stay tough and go for the clear shower doors instead of the ones with beviled glass etchings of the Venus de Milo.

Best,

S.
  • Nice Post Scumbi!

I agree with most of the things that you say, but unfortunately some things are more important than PSA graded cards (especially to my wife and 3 kids), like Kohler fixtures, polly pockets, spiderman dolls and matchbox cars!

I have not received any PM's from anyone as of yet, so i dont know if there is a lack of interest or If people are having a tough time getting through.

Anyway, you can email me at jeej67@hotmail.com if you are interested with an offer.

Thanks!

• Scumbi, thanks for starting my day off right. That was hilarious.

I don't understand the Kohler fixtures, but Matchbox cars are wicked image
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Jim:

E-mail sent.

My e-mail