Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Jeff Francis Vs. Atlanta tonight!! Watch this kid

He dominated the minors this year. Phenomenal pitcher for the Rockies. He makes his ML Debut tonight in Atlanta. He looks like he will be a fun kid to watch. I hope he does well ( I have some cards I need to sell!!! ). image)

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?

Comments

• He and I share the same alma mater. Sadly though, neither Canadian sports network seems to be carrying the game. Otherwise I'd be watching.

STORY
  • I hope it is on TBS tonight like most of the Braves games. I just thought of that.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • All Wednesday Braves games are on FSN.

Brian
  • Cool. I'll shovel down some grub, suck down a few beers, slip into some of my wife's clothes, and kick back to watch the game. I hope she didn't wear her (my) favorite plaid skirt to work today. image)

TheRoach

• Chipper welcomed the rookie with two dingers tonight. No matter how good he is, he still will have to pitch @ Coors Field.image
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Hey, at least he threw well enough to strike out 8 and only walk 1. The only problem is that a strikeout pitcher is unlikely to fare well in Coors field over the long-run because when they make mistakes, they get hit hard, and getting hit hard in Colorado means it's gone. Only chance this guy or anyone else has to be successful pitching there is to make pitches that regularly produce grounders.
  • I know, the only way to really look at it is to say "He lost". He did give up 3 dingers. I hope he learns from this. He will be a stud pitcher soon. I really and truly believe that. I'm just glad that I never spent a ton of $$$$$ on one single card just because the boards were hyping him up, like someone else I know. LOL.

Will he ever learn, or will he just continue through life trying to impress others by winning auctions that he SEVERELY OVERPAID on? Who really has the last laugh? ( Inside joke )

TheRoach

• JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭

<< <i>I know, the only way to really look at it is to say "He lost". He did give up 3 dingers. I hope he learns from this. He will be a stud pitcher soon. I really and truly believe that. I'm just glad that I never spent a ton of $$$$$ on one single card just because the boards were hyping him up, like someone else I know. LOL. Will he ever learn, or will he just continue through life trying to impress others by winning auctions that he SEVERELY OVERPAID on? Who really has the last laugh? ( Inside joke ) TheRoach image >>

Another way to look at it is to say "he got freaking rocked and when he goes to Coors, where balls will fly out of the park like missles, he'll wind up back in AAA with an ERA over 15.00".

He'll never have a career as a Rockie.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • However, at least I still have a shot. Your guy, Cole Hamels is through. I invested a total of $200 or so into Francis, most of which I should have no trouble getting back. You on the other hand will have trouble getting back anywhere close to the thousands of dollars you, and Beachbum pissed away on Hamels. Get lost now. Just because the BGS boards banished you, that doesn't mean you have the right to come hear and start trouble now. 7,000+ post on the Beckett boards, and no one likes you. Maybe because you are a hypocrite troublemaker. Nice.

TheRoach

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    He'll never have a career as a Rockie.

Which is why the Rockies should consider adding 30 feet to the outfield and take out some stands.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    He looked pretty good. 8 K's - 1 walk is a great ratio. Also, from the highlights I saw that slider looked pretty sharp breaking down to the righthanders, almost Steve Carlton like.

A761506-Interesting analysis. I always thought pitchers that could keep the ball out of play at Coors would fair better.

<< <i>However, at least I still have a shot. Your guy, Cole Hamels is through. I invested a total of $200 or so into Francis, most of which I should have no trouble getting back. You on the other hand will have trouble getting back anywhere close to the thousands of dollars you, and Beachbum pissed away on Hamels. Get lost now. Just because the BGS boards banished you, that doesn't mean you have the right to come hear and start trouble now. 7,000+ post on the Beckett boards, and no one likes you. Maybe because you are a hypocrite troublemaker. Nice. TheRoach image >>

I made about $3K profit on Cole Hamels, thanks for your concern.

"Come hear"

Uh, it's here.
    As for coming HERE.. I've been HERE two years longer than you have.

By the way, your drunken signature -- and it is SO cool to be drunk -- it's "LAID" rather than "LAYED". Sell a Francis card and buy a dictionary.

Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and it is SO cool to be drunk >>

i hope so.. cuz im half drunk right now..

·p_A·

• << <i> hope so.. cuz im half drunk right now >>

I'm fully drunk I think but then again I'm not too sure.

I think Francis will stink....I like the Braves and am glad he got rocked or is that on the rocks...or something.

<< <i>I'm fully drunk I think but then again I'm not too sure.
    >>

actually, i lied.. i'm not half drunk, but i'm completely stoned..
    ·p_A·

• << <i>

<< <i>I'm fully drunk I think but then again I'm not too sure.
    >>

actually, i lied.. i'm not half drunk, but i'm completely stoned.. >>

Hypothetically speaking....would that be "skunk", "red fiber", "Columbian" or just dirt?

i wouldnt call it dirt.. its what i call "commercial".. =)
    ·p_A·

• << <i>

<< <i>However, at least I still have a shot. Your guy, Cole Hamels is through. I invested a total of $200 or so into Francis, most of which I should have no trouble getting back. You on the other hand will have trouble getting back anywhere close to the thousands of dollars you, and Beachbum pissed away on Hamels. Get lost now. Just because the BGS boards banished you, that doesn't mean you have the right to come hear and start trouble now. 7,000+ post on the Beckett boards, and no one likes you. Maybe because you are a hypocrite troublemaker. Nice. TheRoach image >>

I made about $3K profit on Cole Hamels, thanks for your concern.

"Come hear"

Uh, it's here.
    As for coming HERE.. I've been HERE two years longer than you have.

By the way, your drunken signature -- and it is SO cool to be drunk -- it's "LAID" rather than "LAYED". Sell a Francis card and buy a dictionary. >>

Oh that's right, it's not "cool" to drink unless it's a 12pk of McDonald's chocolate milkshakes, right Jeff? LOL.

TheRoach

Why do you keep implying that I'm fat? Do you know me? Have we met before? I don't remember passing you on your way to an AA meeting...

And if I was... do you really think you saying that would bother me?

Pathetic.
    Jeff

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>actually, i lied.. i'm not half drunk, but i'm completely stoned.. >>

p_A
    Just got back from the sportz bar and the women were Hot and the Budz Cold! Of course, they all look good after a sixer. Oh yeah, I was watchin the olympics.

imageimage

Mike

<< <i>Oh yeah, I was watchin the olympics.

image >>

Mike, the Olympics have been good this year..
    ·p_A·

<< <i>Mike, the Olympics have been good this year.. >>

Good Pic!
    Misty and Kerri were one hell of a team!
    Mike
    Mike
  • To P.A. :

I'm going to "sample" a few varietals tonight image

In the meantime, the Olympics

have been

very easy on the eyes.......

i cant find a picture of her, but during the women's 4x400 relay, i noticed what appeared to be another Olympiad Hottie running for the Greek team.. i only caught a quick glimpse, so if anybody finds a picture of "Hariklia Bouda".. i'd like to see it.. and yes, i said her name is "Hariklia Bouda".. (if i placed the right name with the right runner during the race.. lol)

·p_A·

• << <i>Why do you keep implying that I'm fat? Do you know me? Have we met before? I don't remember passing you on your way to an AA meeting...

And if I was... do you really think you saying that would bother me?

Pathetic. >>

Oh no, we never met. You would remember me if we met. I'd haunt your sleep from that day on.

As far as the fat thing, I saw a pic of you on the BGS boards. Well, a half pic. The pic was small, and it only got the top of your head, down to your 6th chin. Then it was cut off.

If you think that going out with friends and enjoying their company after we all play softball together, or having a few drinks with my buddy when my wife and I are over at his house so our kids can play together, is binge drinking, you truly have no life.

Maybe in your big head, you see it as a problem. Well, in that case we both have problems. Mine is drinking, and yours is eating. If you care to keep arguing, or you want to keep looking for attention, send me an email. Pedroks20@sbcglobal.net

I'll look for it. Unless of course you just want to keep posting on theses boards so everyone can read them. On the BGS boards you are against others bringing beef onto the boards. You are one of the people who said that it should be handled through private emails, right? I'm for it, are you?

TheRoach

P.S - Put down the bucket of chicken. The grease on your fingers will get all over the computer keys. It could cause damage. LOL.
  • Oh man....I thought this was a "babe" thread.....talk about dampening spirits.....like friggin cold water.....

p.a. I looked through an extensive Gallery and cannot find your elusive woman....sure of that name???

<< <i>p.a. I looked through an extensive Gallery and cannot find your elusive woman....sure of that name??? >>

yep.. i'm sure of the name.. damn! i'll probably never get to see my mystery runner woman again!
    ·p_A·
    There sure is a lot of touchy feely stuff goin on this eve~

the name is definitely correct on ms. bouda - could not find a pic of her - now I may have missed that one but my girl Shana is worth another go:

Stone
    Mike
  • DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    After that, I'm thinking there may be more than fried chicken residue on a few keyboards around here.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...

<< <i>After that, I'm thinking there may be more than fried chicken residue on a few keyboards around here. >>

Mike
  • Man, these forums rock! Any thread that can morph from discussion on the latest hot pitching rookie to, um, the "Oympics" is okay by me!

You guys are number one!

Phreakyfootman....your pic begs for suggested captions. Yes, I am a bad boy. image

No captions suggested? You guys are becoming either boring or cultured. image