Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

This is cool

Check out this link - these stories are amazing to me.

Old Judge Find

Comments

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    That is truly amazing. Great job Uniship for bringing this to the board.
    How is the 1951 Topps Connie mack/Current Allstars coming along?

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    Coming along fine - the more I learn about it, the more passion I have for it. I'll be updating the registry in about 6 weeks once I get off my behind and send it all into PSA.
  • Options
    I love (true) stories of great finds. Even goofy ol' Mr. Mint's 52 Topps.
    Here's my favorite: http://www.milehighcomics.com/tales/cbg12.html

It's an amazing story. Although it's comics. takes a while to read but it's worth it.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Link for anyone too lazy to copy and paste...

Comic Book Find

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I love learning about large finds, be it cards, comics or even the buried treasure that is being unearthed. National Geographic had a TV special about how they located some treasure from a sunken ship and how w/ modern technology they brought it back on board ship and straight to a coin grading company. Neat Stuff! ...jay
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    WARNING - don't start reading that comic book find unless you have a FULL HALF HOUR to burn. Outstanding read though - thanks for the link.
  • Options

<< <i>I love (true) stories of great finds. Even goofy ol' Mr. Mint's 52 Topps.
    Here's my favorite: http://www.milehighcomics.com/tales/cbg12.html

It's an amazing story. Although it's comics. takes a while to read but it's worth it. >>

That was a very long, but interesting, read!
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    it took me nearly an hour!

well worth it!
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Great story!
  • Options
    Links for the lazy...

I'm not lazy, just stupid.
  • Options

<< <i>Links for the lazy...

I'm not lazy, just stupid. >>

Sorry, man...I didn't mean it like that. I'm normally too lazy to copy a link and paste it in my browser, so I posted the link.

(I edited my post, as well...sorry...)
  • Options
    Alright...after finishing the entire article, I have to say that this is an absolute must read for anyone that collects something. Yeah, it's long, but it's filled with incredible detail and personal thoughts not just on finding the comics, but on the other aspects of the find that you might not think about.

Trust me, and the others that have posted on this thread.

Read the article.

Must read story
  • Options
    No prob, AJW. I haven't had luck with clickable links on this board, the screwups are even more embarrassing

Yeah, that collection today would be worth millions! I actually own one. (a $500.00 one, no superhero) They are pedigreed on the slab from CGC (SGC's sister). They are so perfect, bright and bold, you can't believe your eyes.
    Chuck's article does tend to ramble, but I agree, it's a must.
    Many comic freaks have criticized him saying he robbed them, that's why he goes into detail about the purchase itself.
    (sorry Uniship, didn't mean to hijack)
  • Options
    Being an old time comic collector I was very familiar with the story. Chuck Rozanski can be pretty creative when writing, but I look foward to his weekly email newsletter. I would also recommend reading some of the other "Tales". There is the "Mile High II" find which I actually had been approached about buying, but it was too large and way out of league. Also read the series about the evolution of the "Direct Distribution" market. That gives a behind the scenes look at how the comic business has evolved over the years, and how distribution was a virtual monopoly business for a number of years.
    Imagine being a card dealer and only being able to supply your store from one source!image
    Nice thread Unishipimage
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion