Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone showing aquisitions from Nevadaman?

I couldn't afford any at the prices, at this time. Steve sold me some nice coins (my finest).
Just want to know who aquired some of the best:

Nevadaman's "38-64, Jefferson Circ. Strikes" offered by B&M at Pittsburgh, Aug. 14th.

Boston

Comments

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Boston
    Here's one for you. Received it today and I'm really pleased with it although the coin does have some minor
    flaws. But they don't hold this coin back! The quality leans strongly in the EDS strike, high grade and
    6 step arena!
    Here are some closeup shots. In a couple of the blowups the wide rim can be seen. I'm half tempted to crack
    this baby out so I can see this coin in it's entireity with the wide rim! Also check out all the points of interests
    that show the splits and serifs! The sections of the letters, how they overlap in I and B and butt up to
    each other as can be seen in the letters M and W. Also take note of the indents at the end points of
    letters E and S.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    Here is the 1953-P MS-65FS. The toning is really nice.

Mark
  • Options
    Hi Mark
    Send me that coin and the 61-D, insured registered mail, so I can photograph them!
    The quality will look simular to this one and this coin is not from Nevadaman's collection.

Leo

• Options
    That 60-D is nice! Is it ANACS certified? I did not get the 61-D from Nevadman.
    Mark
  • Options

<< <i>That 60-D is nice! Is it ANACS certified? I did not get the 61-D from Nevadman. >>

Mark
    It is an ANACS coin that came out of the Bob Jerich collection back in 1995 and for only $47!
    But it's not a FS coin! Back then it was graded with only 3.75 steps.
    Congrats on completeing your 1938 to 1964 set!

Leo

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SAJ set is showing 100% FS, so I am guessing that is where the 60-D went.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    The 60-D lives in my set. The 61-D was made from a raw coin last year. I don't know who now owns the 61-D from Steve Wells' collection.
    Mark
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned on the boards before, I bought the 61(d) from the Nevada collection. Truly one of the crown jewels of ALL Jefferson nickels. I look forward to the day I can present the coin in person to the customer who will eventually own it.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>The 61-D was made from a raw coin last year. >>

Mark
    Was it this coin we battled over on ebay awhile back?

Leo

• Options
    That's the one. The nick on the steps is not as deep as shown in that picture. I was hoping for a MS-65, but I am happy for the Full Step designation.

Mitch, I thought the 61-D you bought was for a client. Is it currently for sale or saved for a client?
    Mark
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark: I bought the 61(d) Jeff for a customer.

That is a really nice 53(p) Jeff you bought - your picture does not do it justice image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Thanks Mitch. I had to reduce it to get it to upload to PCGS.

The 61-D is surely the highlight of your customer's collection.
    Mark