Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Perhaps the best reason to start collecting world coins right now...

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    New alias since i'm locked out of my hookedoncoins accountimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the Former Mushroom has been lurking on the Open Forum tonight- there's a lot of icon swappin' goin' on. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Yup, threw me for a loop LM. Eh....you're a GM product now??
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SS350camaro stole my Holey Gold Hat, so I'm drivin' his car. Not a bad exchange.

When he gets it back, there ain't gonna be any gas in it and the tires will be bald. Think I'll take it out to some of my remote metal detecting sites, too. That should get it good and muddy. image

On second thought, maybe not. If I mess up that car, there's no tellin' what condition he'd return my face in when he's done with it. image

I could retaliate against our former fungus by stealing HIS icon, but a Camaro SS is far cooler than a gay-looking psychedelic mushroom. image

Besides, I could never steal all his icons- they change so often. I like the woman with green lipstick.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    I give up.
    I can't keep track of the players and their respective icons anymore.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options

<< <i>I give up.
    I can't keep track of the players and their respective icons anymore. >>

That's why I don't have one here image
    knowledge ........ share it
  • Options
    Some other reasons to collect foreign coins. They are facinating, they offer a wider perspective on global economics, both past and present.

There are some truly beautiful designs. World coins often reflect geo-political issues, they are a comparitively good value compared to US material and the list could go on and on.

I personally like Mexican issues.

From a numismatic perspective, Mexico is a very furtile, yet underated area. When one considers that Mexico City was the first mint in the western hemisphere, and in operation nearly 200 years before the US established its own mint; the breadth and depth that Mexico offers numismatically, is rich (an understatement) and deep in what it provides collectors of historically significant coins. Such could be said for other countries too, Germany comes to mind.

About Rare Coins
    Mike

About Rare Coins
    12562-B Central Ave
    Chino, CA 91710
    mike@gemcoins.net
    www.gemcoins.net
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like Mexican issues.

Me too. But Mike, what's with the dead animal heads on your wall?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Andy,

You've been checking out my website I see.

When I was younger I spent a lot of time in Wyoming and Montana, I have family there. Hunting in those parts is a natural part of the culture and as such part of mine.

My father and his brothers owned and ran a hunting camp in the Teton national wilderness in the Jackson Hole area.

The two animals you refer to are trophy mounts. The elk was my fathers and the moose is mine. I took him when I was 14 years old, and we do eat the meat from the animals we harvest.

Believe it or most of my clients find the mounts very interesting.

Thanks for the interest.

Regards,

MikeAbout Rare Coins
    Mike

About Rare Coins
    12562-B Central Ave
    Chino, CA 91710
    mike@gemcoins.net
    www.gemcoins.net