Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What would you grade this at?

Just as a regular coin, disregard the BIE for now.

ps....sorry for the size, still trying to take good pics with new camera

This is of a 1957 BIE error that I recieved in a roll yesterday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/eyoung429/new coins/57biegood.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/eyoung429/new coins/1957bie1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/eyoung429/new coins/1957bie1goodfront.jpg
This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Comments

• Options
    imageimageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    If the color is accurate, maybe MS63RD. It is a little washed out, but it looks like numberous hits on the face, and a good hit or two on the reverse.

I've never seen a close up of that error before....neat.

Nice pictures.... if you can get them a little less bright they might be better.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Thanks CoinFreak! I really need to figure that out. Yes the coin has been circulated, but has a beautiful color, the luster is there....just can't get it in the pic. This looks almost new. Going by what Carl showed me, this one doesn't appear to be cleaned and has a very clear definition to the face and reverse. Here is another attempt. The coin in the center of the group is a clean 1993 penny. Hopefully these will come out....they are as follow:

upper left is a '46
    upper right is the '57
    lower left is a '58 w/die crack -- Carl has seen this one in person and pointed out the crack
    lower right is a '57 D w/filled B (best color and luster out of all)
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Do you have larger images? Can't get a handle on the details from those tiny pics.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks CoinFreak! I really need to figure that out. Yes the coin has been circulated, but has a beautiful color, the luster is there....just can't get it in the pic. This looks almost new. Going by what Carl showed me, this one doesn't appear to be cleaned and has a very clear definition to the face and reverse. Here is another attempt. The coin in the center of the group is a clean 1993 penny. Hopefully these will come out....they are as follow:

upper left is a '46
    upper right is the '57
    lower left is a '58 w/die crack -- Carl has seen this one in person and pointed out the crack
    lower right is a '57 D w/filled B (best color and luster out of all) >>

CRAP!!image

• Options
    Whoa.....too much java

• Options
    Ouch I just lost an eye trying to make out the details on those coins. Looks like a neat error and the coin looks to be in pretty good shape from your first pictures, but.................................................you really must do something about the pictures they are pretty badimage

Good luck on you scanning or picture taking experiment image
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    eyoung
    I too would have to say MS63 RD.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file