Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just a couple of Newps..PICS

imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

The Bust Half Dime has beautiful rainbow toning on both sides and the picture makes the two marks in front of liberty look way worse than they are. The seated half dime isn't anything special, i just really liked the original look of it. The Commem was always one of my favorites and although i prefer the MS examples, i figure for $12 i couldn't pass it up. After all is said and done, i have two holes filled in my album, a beautiful commem and I'm only down $50image

Comments

• Options
    Pretty nice image I like the CBHD image LM-12, R-2. image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Are you doing a type set?
    Bill
  • Options
    yup
    My Type Set

jim
  • Options
    That's right, I forgot. Very nice.
    Bill
  • Options
    JRG, can you please elaborate on the variety you described?

jim
  • Options
    It's the die marriage designation, LM-12. It's an R2 die marriage. This was the First use of Oberse 5, a die chip forms in lower loop of 8, which is evident in your coin. This is also the first use of Reverse X. There is a die bulge in the top of the shield. You notice how there is no detail in the upper portion of the shield. I doubt that's completely from wear. I'm unsure as to how to grade this, I'm a little better on VF and XF range coins. But unfortunately, quite a few people grade a coin like this, where there was a bulge in that position of the die, lower than it's actual grade, because they don't know what they are talking about image I know, I've had this happen to me on this forum... Anyways... it's a nice coin that looks like it spent quite a bit of time in an album after spending time in circulation image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Thanks for the info JRGimage Any premium perhaps??image

jim
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I also like that 1832
  • Options
    TTT for night crew

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list