Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1972 Grote PSA 9 1/2 at 280.00

1- How do you feel about the grade ?

2- What is your prediction on the final price ?

Comments

• The Grote is a tough card, for the right price I wouldnt mind owning both of them.

EO
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Linky-dink

Not that familiar with the issue,
    but it looks to be rather 9ish from the scan.

What pop report is this guy reading ?

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What pop report is this guy reading ? >>

WOLF - Apparently he was stating that HE didn't have any 9's or 10's image ...jay
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭

<< <i>Linky-dink

Not that familiar with the issue,
    but it looks to be rather 9ish from the scan... >>

That's probably why it graded PSA 9! image

<< <i>...What pop report is this guy reading ? >>

I think some idiots just see pops listed in other auctions, they have no clue what it is, and just make it up to hype their auction. image

JEB.
  • in defense of the seller... rich corpis who recently broke his 72 set had this card listed initially 3-4 weeks ago no one bid on the auction and he's relisted it a few times. at the time he was accurate. the 2 9's came out right after each other.

in regards to the current psa 9 auction, EO "stole" the first one for 400.00, given the current market i decided to take a stab at upgrading my 8. my bid of 250.00 was all i am prepared to spend. having said that i still think this one will go for 400+.
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    EO,

For $280, you'll probably own this one too. Unless PSUINNYC decides to challange you.

I figure that I've sent in 3 Grotes already that have come back as PSA 8. Of the 3, all have been centered within PSA 9 limits but had fuzz on at least a corner or two which kept them from getting the grade. I figure that eventually - I'll get mine...

Or... I do have the best of the 3 PSA 8's and I'll be honest that I'm not sure why it didn't 9. This may be one I crack.

Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • What about the Expos Team???
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Expos Team is a nice one.

I'll probably make a run at that one. But - if I don't win it - I won't cry about it.

I just won the Jim Holt 9 last night. Its now a 1 of 3 and the hammer price was $103. When its 1 of 4, it'll sell for $60 - $70.

Hey EO! - Looks like (CORRECTION - MARK WINGARD - not Mike Wentz!) has been watching your set! He just posted a bunch of 72's and after looking them over, they seem to have one thing in common - YOU NEED THEM ALL and they're beauties!

The Barton IA is especially nice!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Some of thoe ones he listed I already have, just havent entered them yet, but he does have some I need as well, and they do look nice.

EO
  • In the spirit of set registry commradery, I cancelled my bid on the Grote, I'd rather have one of you guys who need it have it, even if it means watching the hammer fall below what I paid for the one I just bought!

Good luck folks.

EO
  • pcpc Posts: 743

<< <i>In the spirit of set registry commradery, I cancelled my bid on the Grote, I'd rather have one of you guys who need it have it, even if it means watching the hammer fall below what I paid for the one I just bought!

Good luck folks.

EO >>

YAH image
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • i saw those MW listings, some very nice cards that psa 9 barton ia is incredible!!
    more" tough" cards...
  • Just to clarify, those aren't Mike's listings...they are listings by Mark Wingard, someone Ive bought from in the past and had very good dealings with. An MW, but a different MW!

EO
  • mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭
    I've bought several items from Mark in the last two years. A really good guy.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Mark is not only a good guy to deal with on ebay, he's also a member here:

Treetop

JEB.
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I echo that as well, mark is a solid buyer & seller. I recommend him highly...jay