Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BKB - Topps Chrome

I have several 96-97 Topps Chrome basketball from a recent purchase. does the "R" on the back of the card next to the card number denote "refractor"? I've attached scans of a card. Most of the refractors in the others sports actually have the word "refractor" or "atomic refractor" on them.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    Yea, the R does denote a refractor. 1996 was the year Topps Chrome was introduced. Are you selling your refractors?
    I collect Topps Chrome Basketball Rookie Refractors, particularly from 96-97, and limited edition rookies of Taiwanese baseball players.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    yes, i am planning to sell. i was debating on whether or not to have them graded.

i can send you a list of what i have if you are interested.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Initially, I thought 96-97 Topps Chrome basketball refractors were "RARE".
    There was a AZ eBay seller that had (10,000) 96-97 Topps Chrome basketball refractors.
    All the refractors were perfectly centered, but had severe surface scratches.
    It was obvious the Refractors weren't from wax...wink!wink!
    Does the body rule the mind?
    or does the mind rule the body?
    I dunno...
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i have a complete set of the chrome (not the refractors) including the retros then about 30+ refractors. no stratches or wrinkles on these. there were some still in the packs when i purchased the lot.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    im looking for 96-97 topps chrome refractor or regular #162 jerome williams. let me know what you have anyone! psavlad@hotmail.com