Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

graded rookies...again!

they have graded their first GEM MINT 10 62 brock rookie! anybody that has the slightest bit of card knowledge at all, would know that these guys SUCK!! at least PRO's cards look good for the grade to the inexperienced collector. these cats are just awful. i always get a kick out of their description were it states Graded Rookies Authenticated, featured by Beckett in the August 2001 issue of Baseball Card Monthly (e-Trends), is amongst the toughest graders in the industry. . where? toughest at what? getting an accurate grade?

1st 10!!

i only looked because i have yet to acquire this card in a perfectly centered 6, much less a 7. i wanted to see what the centering looked like, even if it was a PRO 10.

Comments

• Options
    Hey, give them a break. They didn't say the centering was 10, only 9.5.

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Featured in Beckett? Anyone have a copy of that issue to see what it really says? Even if they were in Beckett......big pile of horse manure.
  • Options
    nice trim job on the 61 robinson. which edge was it that got the 10?

could it be the right edge?

what a total waste of money on ebay listing fees. chump!!
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... he lives in the same city as me. If I gave a crap, I'd go see them for a laugh. Something tells me that this guy would be too afraid of setting his junk up at a show, eBay is his only hope to unload it. It's a shame someone hacked all those cards up, what a waste. And to make most of them look like miscuts after all the slicing... and then give them those phony grades... and to think people are dumb enough to bid on it.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i only looked because i have yet to acquire this card in a perfectly centered 6, much less a 7. i wanted to see what the centering looked like, even if it was a PRO 10. >>

ive got this one, which i'm going to submit soon.. ive been hoping it will have a shot at an 8? whatdya think?
    imageimage
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    HOLY SCHNIKES!! that's the best one i've ever seen!! good thing i still have your address from the auction i got from you on ebay. J/K!!
    that's an awesome looking card. if it by chance gets lower than an 8, get at me. i'd take a 5 with centering like that. i won't wish you any luck, it should have no problem getting an 8.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    That's a very nice card and looks like a candidate for a 9, especially in that set. You'll get an 8 with no problem, only question is how many cracks will you take at getting the 9?
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HOLY SCHNIKES!! that's the best one i've ever seen!! good thing i still have your address from the auction i got from you on ebay. J/K!! >>

lol.. =) i've had that card for awhile.. i dont even remember where i got it, but ive had it since around the time Henderson broke brock's record.. i still have boxes of stuff i collected from 1987-1995 that i havent been through in awhile.. (i just started collecting again last year).. so going through those boxes is always fun, especially when i run across some nice vintage stuff.. of course, most of it is midgrade, but once in awhile i find something nice, like that Brock.. i've just been setting stuff aside to be graded at some point..

the only flaw i can find is the upper left corner area, on the white outline, you can see what appears to be a factory "print" mark or something? is that common in this set? its light, and most definitely part of the card and not something "post-factory" .. if that makes any sense..

<< <i>You'll get an 8 with no problem, only question is how many cracks will you take at getting the 9? >>

A761506,
    i dunno.. =).. i'll probably be happy enough with an 8 that i wouldnt want to crack it out.. but who knows..?

·p_A·