Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about the ANA Legal Defense Fund

ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
Is this still operating? Or has the ANA's inclusion in the lawsuit made them pull it? I ask because I want to start an auction tonight for a "cleaned-junk-formerly-in-THAT-slab" 1934-S Peace Dollar I have, and I want to donate all the net proceeds from the sale of this coin. But I want to make sure they are still able to collect, and use, whatever they receive.

Comments

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it still exists, and without going into any details, it is functioning.
    Barry (one of the ACG 46, dropped from suit)
  • Options
    Thanks -- didn't need details (obviously for legal reasons they shouldn't be disclosed), but I did want to make sure donations could still be sent and actually used for the benefit of Forces Of Light. That's all I needed to know. Thanks. And tonight, the Peace dollar, and the story behind it, goes on the auction block. image
  • Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭
    I sold a coin through Barry Stuppler and donated the proceeds to the fund. Yesterday, I got a nice letter from the ANA acknowledging it and thanking me for the donation.
    "Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options
    Veep, good to know -- thanks. I'm having fun writing the draft of the item description! It's turning into "How to Clearly Identify a Crummy Grading Service Without Mentioning Them By Name in 1,000 Words Or Less!" Though I may have trouble keeping it under 1,000 words... image
  • Options
    It is open, functioning, and in need of your support. Thank You.

ANA Defense Fund Information
  • Options

<< <i>It is open, functioning, and in need of your support. Thank You.

<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.money.org/press/20040517-DEFENSEFUND.html " target=blank>ANA Defense Fund Information</A> >>

Not a problem. The coin is now up and described in B/S/T.
  • Options
    Ziggy can you give a link to the coin. I would love to bid on it
  • Options

<< <i>Ziggy can you give a link to the coin. I would love to bid on it >>

Over here, on the B/S/T board.
  • Options
    Ziggy, you have a new bidder. If I win this bid and you send me this coin, I will hunt you down and kick the living chit out of Yaimage
  • Options

<< <i>Ziggy, you have a new bidder. If I win this bid and you send me this coin, I will hunt you down and kick the living chit out of Yaimage >>

Sorry, the coin comes with the winning bid...err, "donation."

Use it for skeet shooting. Take it with you to coin shows and tell YNs to stay away from junk like this (unless it's for a good cause, of course). Do whatever you want with it -- but if you come up with the winning donation...sorry to say, the coin comes with it. image
  • Options
    This coin is MINE.....................Gonna donate it to a certain grading company to show them how its doneimage
  • Options
    This coin is MINE.....................Gonna donate it to a certain grading company to show them how its done
  • Options

<< <i>This coin is MINE.....................Gonna donate it to a certain grading company to show them how its done >>

Yep. You got it, Chief. image

I'd also like to point out that the buyer has graciously and generously decided to round up the winning bid to an even $200. In that spirit, I'll also not deduct my selling expenses from the proceeds, and I will be writing a check for the full $200 to the ANA Legal Defense Fund. Thanks to you in particular, and to all who participated and watched the proceedings with some interest!
  • Options

<< <i>Yesterday, I got a nice letter from the ANA acknowledging it and thanking me for the donation. >>

And today I got mine for the sale of this coin: image

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    ttt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file