Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1976 uncirculated set, penny to dollar need advice.

Hi, I am a complete novice and have a set my mother has asked me to sell for her that she purchased from the Federal Reserve Bank in SF while employeed there. She has told me that this was offered to employees only and I have no idea how valid this is or how many of these types sets are out there.
The set consists of a single sealed plastic container that holds each coin in a seperate compartment. They are in perfect condition and are a penny, nickle, dime, quarter, half dollar and dollar. I have looked at pcgs and tried to find values but cannot find any with ratings that come close to the condition of these coins (i think).
Can anyone give me advice on how to go about selling this for her without her getting taken on its value?
Should I sell this on ebay and if so what should I start at?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Shauna

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a set with Philadelphia (P) and Denver (D) coins, the Red Book value is $12. If it's something special, then we'd need to see a picture.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Put it on eBay with a good picture and start it at $1, but be sure to include the story.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    If it is 1 coin of each and they are proofs (mirror like flat surfaces, frost on raised surfaces), it is a proof set, worth $6-7. I'm not aware of any special sets sold only to FRB employees, so I don't think any coin collector will pay a premium for the story that goes with it.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Some Banks put together sets such as this for employee's. Most of the time the sets are less valuable than a mint set from the US Mint, since they are a put together sets.... You could do a search on ebay under US coins, for Bank sets, banker sets, banker mint sets. I've seen them on there, but no way to tell if there will be one for sell when you check. The bank my wife works for stopped the bankers sets, and now give out Mint rolled-rolls of the new gold dollar.
    Dan