Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

hot pack secrets

2day on ebay i got those hot pack secrets from some guy. they seem legit, but really hard 2 use. any1 else here do the same thing or use the pack secrets? if so, tell me how it worked out, because it sounds very hard to do.

thanks -will-

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Will
    What is the purpose of this 'secret' info?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    they are secrets on how to get a game-used, or auto in every pack u buy
  • Options
    if u search 'hot pack', or 'guaranteed', on ebay, u get a bunch of guaranteed game used or auto packs from ppl that also know these "secrets". sounds weird calling them secrets huh, like they're special or sumtin lol.
  • Options
    Enter angry torch-lit mob.............
  • Options

<< <i>they are secrets on how to get a game-used, or auto in every pack u buy >>

Where are the people to get the packs? Buy them on ebay or what?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    nah, u buy them in stores, they're jus secrets on how to feel for them.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    willmacowski....that great but what about the other 23 packs? Who gets them? No wait actually retail locations
    have many boxes....lets say ten...so you walk away with 10 packs of GU and you leave 230 packs of garbage
    for everyone else. Does that seem fair?

Ill tell you a little secret I have....actually Ill give it to you for free!

I keep in my car a little secret package...it contains 10 of the crappiest GU cards I could find and some
    gorilla glue. Im waiting until I see one of these guys who knows the secrets. Im going to follow him around
    until he goes inside and then Im going to give him my GU so he doesn't have to rape them from the local
    retail market...well actually I won't give them to him, I will glue them all to the front driver side of his windshield!

That way he can look at them all the way home...if he can get there!

I love a good secret!

Sincerely,
    Charles Bronson
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe - (you're killing it) - Mike should be able to inquire further about this very important topic.
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    JS

I would pay money to see a picture of that! image AND I MEAN IT
    I dont mind a quick feel but to grope and move the cards and lift them in the pack is wrong.

JAMES
    x
  • Options

<< <i>I keep in my car a little secret package
    Sincerely,
    Charles Bronson >>

So CB, how do you get those 'little secret packages'? Is there like some kind of little secret packages
    "secrets" that I can buy?
    Stone

Mike
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

Thanks JS. I knew it wouldn't take you long.
    I would love to see that windshield and in fact would pay to see
    that as well. I think getting out the camcorder and sitting on the curb eating ice cream would be better. The expression would be priceless; and the memory forever. imageimage
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    The "hot pack secret" that you bought is just another con that operates on this principle: "Send me money and I'll tell you how to make money."

Time to graduate from the little boys' scams and buy a 1952 Topps Mantle that the seller is not sure whether it's real or not, but he thinks so, it came out of his grandpa's attic, and by the way, his auction and his feedback are private. Money order or Western Union only, please.

Sorry for the tough love, but best that you learn fast.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I keep in my car a little secret package...it contains 10 of the crappiest GU cards I could find and some
    gorilla glue. Im waiting until I see one of these guys who knows the secrets. Im going to follow him around
    until he goes inside and then Im going to give him my GU so he doesn't have to rape them from the local
    retail market...well actually I won't give them to him, I will glue them all to the front driver side of his windshield!

That way he can look at them all the way home...if he can get there!

I love a good secret!

Sincerely,
    Charles Bronson >>

lol.. he's not kidding, either.. and for good measure, he should slap one of those GU cards on the guys forehead with gorilla glue as well..

ps - in Florida, concealed firearm permits are signed by commissioner "Charles Bronson".. i found that humorous..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    sounds like u guys are jus a little pissed that in one pack i can get the same card u would spend 100 bux 2 get in a box.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>sounds like u guys are jus a little pissed that in one pack i can get the same card u would spend 100 bux 2 get in a box. >>

actually, i CAN do the same thing.. but i DONT.. besides that, i would be embarrassed to have people see me standing around wal-mart feeling up foil packs..

and i dont want JoeStalin stickin crappy GU cards to my windshield/forehead..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    hey williewonka...great to see a new dipstick come to the board. Hopefully your last trip in. I can only hope that I will bump into you feeling up my local walmart packs. Sorry if I make a scene.... Just like to see if it is possible to embarass mental midgets.
  • Options
    willa...actually you are the one who is getting schooled. Everyone knows the retail market is loaded with waste!
    Heck I would be willing to bet that you won't get your money back on a one pack purchase at least half the time!
    All the great cards are in hobby boxes, and the few topps autographs that are out there can't be searched!

So that leaves you with garbage my friend.

....you know I love going to card shows and seeing the fat local pack searcher trying to sell his cards. He has
    loads of retail pulls...usually lined up nice and neat, but none of them are worth anything. Then I stroll over
    and start asking him questions about the product, like "wow, you opened up a lot of that.....do you have the
    base cards with you?"....he always squirms....which usually releases a stink cloud from his filty shirt. Usually
    that is enough to send me packing, but I love to force the issue....."so what card shop do you get your cards
    at?", I ask..urrrrr, well...ahhhh.... he mummbles stupidly. Everyone knows that if you have 40 GU cards from the
    same product at your table you are a card searcher...no one buys that much retail and no one ever keeps
    ripping expensive hobby if that is all you are getting!

Then I might begin to ask about some of his cards and he gets all excited that he might make 6 bucks on a card
    he got for only 2.99....sometimes there will be a nice card there, maybe books 100 or so....of course its only
    in a dirty penny sleeve because pack searcher is too cheap for a top load.....Ill pick it up and look at it and ask him
    some questions and point to some other cards, asking him how much.....in the mean while while he is confused
    I take my thumb and tweak a corner...oh Im quick, you will never catch me.....Im much quicker than you are
    in front of the retail case, feeling up UD mvp. You won't notice it until Im long gone and the only nice card
    in your case is now garbage...LOL......I guess you have to find a Carlos Feebles or Dwight Evans fan now huh?

See ya soon!

CB
  • Options

Faster than a speedy pack-feeler; more powerful than a local yokel; able to reach tall shelves with a single bound. Look! Up in the isle…it’s bird, it’s a plane…no it’s Avenger man! He vows to rid your stores of those pesky, pimple-faced pariahs who ransack the shelves in search of “hot packs.” And who disguised as Joe Stalin, a mild mannered collector and contributor at the CU forum, seeks only truth, justice and a good ole ass whooping in the American Way!

Stone

Mike
  • Options
    dirty penny sleeve because pack searcher is too cheap for a top load

JS i'm a little disappointed. You forgot to mention the pubic hair in the "bright yellow" top loader.
    C'mon now!

Ben

• Options
    Ben! LOL, I forgot about that, I haven't been to the flea market in a long time....now that I think about it that
    was the reason why! LMAO

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't been to the flea market in a long time >>

Kevin
    That's where you find these little sh1ts selling their stuff at inflated prices! I was waiting for you to chime in - I just wanted to see where he was going with this. I kind of feel bad for him in a sense that he didn't know the audience here, perhaps, compared to another board.
    I was at Target the other day and the boxes were in a shambles! I'ld like to be there when that crap is going on - the 'gorilla glue' would only be the beginning. You only have to get screwed once on open boxes to cop an attitude toward these jerks IMO.
    your sergeant at arms
    Stone

PS: Avenger man is my hero!
    Mike
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Clearly he wandered down the wrong street here in CU. I did that the other day, in a forum where they were talking about Griffey Jr. cards being "old" and Yu Gi Goh or something being the best thing ever. Good thing I had my GSP cell phone and navigated my way out!
  • Options
    this is the reason i don't buy packs.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    My personal belief is that you can search all the packs you want because none of the new junk that's out is worth anything in my opinion. And to think packs sell for $3 a pop at a minimum, it's insane people still buy any of them. Limited editions, game used, auto's... it's old and tired, the cards are mass produced, most aren't even worth the cardboard they are printed on. All someone needs to do is open a Beckett to get an idea where this hobby has gone in the matter of new junk cards... in Beckett baseball, 1909-1978 are summarized on 2 pages, while 2004 issues take up 23 pages. Try selling any of that new junk and getting anywhere near Beckett list prices on eBay... it'll never happen.
  • Options
    Someone answer this for me then.... Where does Beckett get these prices? They say they are the average that are reported from dealers and yadda yadda.... but some of you guys are dealers. Do you ever get close to Beckett price? I'm just curious cuz someone should start a "reality" price list that goes by the average a card sells on Ebay.
  • Options
    Another pack searcher. Well, consider yourself marked here. Ive been waiting for the day I run into one of "you" at the local stores...Cant wait, I have a surprise...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Ahhhh.....Lisa Guerrero. I miss her on "Best Damn Sports Show Period" on Fox Sports Net. What is she doing nowaday?
  • Options
    Eagle
    Isn't Lisa working for ABC now? She does the side-line on Monday nite football games - she did last year anyway?

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    Joe, you're all right!
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone answer this for me then.... Where does Beckett get these prices? They say they are the average that are reported from dealers and yadda yadda.... but some of you guys are dealers. Do you ever get close to Beckett price? I'm just curious cuz someone should start a "reality" price list that goes by the average a card sells on Ebay. >>

Beckett already has an Ebay price guide on their site, but it's woefully incomplete and lacking in data (or was, the last time I checked).

Tabe
  • Options
    Not sure what she is doing now, shoulda stayed at TBDSSP. She was replaced on MNF.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    I love old threadsimage
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    BlackborderBlackborder Posts: 2,797
    Whenever they open new boxes at Target, I always buy the GU packs to keep the pack searchers from getting them.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was halfway through this thread when I realized it was 4 years old. image
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    me too

Hi Nick
  • Options
    Stop copying me Zep.

Hi Mike.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Got me too.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ps - in Florida, concealed firearm permits are signed by commissioner "Charles Bronson".. i found that humorous.. >>

Very true. I worked his ranch as a kid. Between the Bronson and Partin families, most of central Florida is spoken for.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    nevermind. I just realized this was a old thread. Thought dabeef was around. He has a Playboy FF article and wont tell me what issue it is. I bought the full 1989 year and no luck.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>I love old threadsimage >>

I like to call them vintage!
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    diggin around the archives i see?

+1 vintage threads

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options

"

<< <i>nevermind. I just realized this was a old thread. Thought dabeef was around. He has a Playboy FF article and wont tell me what issue it is. I bought the full 1989 year and no luck. >>

February 1990, Vol. 37, Iss. 2, pg. 136, by: staff, "The Year in Sex

not sure if it's really an article though - usually the Year in sex stuff is just little snippets of stories from throughout the year - or so I've been told..
  • Options

<< <i>nevermind. I just realized this was a old thread. Thought dabeef was around. He has a Playboy FF article and wont tell me what issue it is. I bought the full 1989 year and no luck.

image >>

DaBeef's eyeglasses say he last visited yesterday.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    I bought the same thing you did, It said it would take a while for you to master it, I still do not get it!
  • Options

<< <i>"

<< <i>nevermind. I just realized this was a old thread. Thought dabeef was around. He has a Playboy FF article and wont tell me what issue it is. I bought the full 1989 year and no luck. >>

February 1990, Vol. 37, Iss. 2, pg. 136, by: staff, "The Year in Sex

not sure if it's really an article though - usually the Year in sex stuff is just little snippets of stories from throughout the year - or so I've been told.. >>

Thanks. I'll get that one. Not the one I was looking for though. The one dabeef mentioned has a pic and he posted about it back in 2002.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>nevermind. I just realized this was a old thread. Thought dabeef was around. He has a Playboy FF article and wont tell me what issue it is. I bought the full 1989 year and no luck.

image >>

DaBeef's eyeglasses say he last visited yesterday. >>

Ahh. Thanks.

*Paging Dabeef* Just give me the issue number. Why is this info so coveted? Did I mention, please? image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>I bought the same thing you did, It said it would take a while for you to master it, I still do not get it! >>

• Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    So, are you Will Macowski or Wilma Cowski?

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    This is all I could see in the Feb of '90 issue.

That's one of the more sought after modern issues, Pamela's first centerfold.

LMK if you find out which one has the full article. I've got several more from '85-'00 and my wife would love for me to get them out of here.

shawn

edited to crop pic better and avoid showing the nude chick on the left. image