Home Sports Talk
Options

IMHO LeBron James Aint No Michael Jordan!!!

First of all when Jordan won the Gold Medal aong with the Olympic team in 1984 there were no USA pros allowed, only foreign pros, LOL. 2nd, you can't blame the loss on one man, namely Lebron James, but I think about what "His Airness" would have done in 1984 under the same circumstances. He would have gotten in the face of the other primadonna NBA players and motivated them in addition to putting on a show. To quote Larry Brown "It was humiliating". Brown is one of the best coaches in the world. If he can't coach these high paid under achievers, nobody can.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    anyone see that Lebron commercial running of him hitting all these jump shots from the other side of the court! This
    on the heels of American shooting 3-24 from the 3-point line!

JS
  • Options
    UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭

<< <i> If he can't coach these high paid under achievers, nobody can. >>

So, how come he kept Iverson on the court even though he was having his own 3 point contest against Puerto Rico? Maybe it was because Iverson would've started crying if Brown benched him. Nevertheless, everyone saw he was wasting the team's chances. Everyone, but Larry Brown apparently.
    Also, the US had a HUGE rebounding advantage, yet big guys like Amare Stoudemire & Carlos Boozer played only 3 and 11 minutes. That's just bad coaching IMHO.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Poor effort. Playing against teams who want to win - don't expect to win.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    remember this?

Kevin
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    IMHO, the best thing that can happen to basketball as a sport is if USA loses as many games as possible, while playing this "new school" hoop style.

NBA is a total joke and has ruined the college game.

I think it would have been more interesting to see an entire NBA -- one of the worst ones --- play against the rest of the world ---- with their coach --- and see how they fare. What % of NBA teams you think would win the Gold?
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    It's very sad. First the disappointing Basketbell Team and then the disappearing Baseball Team. It's truly sad when we can't represent two sports we invented. imageimage

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    He outscored the entire Dallas team tonight in the 3rd quarter 19-16, and had 46 overall taking the Mavs to the woodshed.
  • Options
    When I saw "Gemmy10" had posted a "new" message, I had to do a double take. But, it turned out to be one just dredged from the garbage. Pfew!
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When I saw "Gemmy10" had posted a "new" message, I had to do a double take. But, it turned out to be one just dredged from the garbage. Pfew! >>

"Gemmy10" is gone for good but other multiple aliases still remain..........
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Lebron is becoming friggin incredible to watch. He is making NBA veterans look like chumps. Plus he has his head screwed on straight which is rare in the NBA these days. He's got the best shot of being the next Jordan. By the end of their careers, Lebron will make Kobe look like a nobody.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dont think anyone can be considered the "NEXT" Michael Jordan. Jordan was the best and brought the game to a new level.
  • Options

Lebron may be a great player, and he has youth going for him coming right out of high school, but he will never be a Michael Jordan.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lebron may be a great player, and he has youth going for him coming right out of high school, but he will never be a Michael Jordan. >>

We know. You told us on Monday August 16, 2004, at 10:14 P.M.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Someday someone will be better than Jordan was. Sure, he is the best of all time right now, but not forever. Maybe Lebron won't be as good as Jordan, but I believe he will be close, and I believe he will be better than anybody else playing the game right now.