Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

its a topps candy lid world !!!!

just got my 1970 topps candy lid back from psa. it`s the only 1970 johnny bench candy lid that psa has graded.

the 70 issue lid is truly next to impossible to find, the 73 lid is a walk in the park to find in compairison to the 70

here`s both,

thanks, lee

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    displays well - congrats
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    LEE - Nice addition to your set...jay
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Besides the OC on the 73 what else is "wrong" with it? Is it OC that much ot make it a 6? I mean that is really sharp (color) to include the edges.

Is this one of those type of cards that "cant" get but so high?

Other then that they look great and I dont even like Baseball.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    They both look great Lee. I agree with Jim , the '70 looks nicer than a 4 but it's a coup just to get one graded. Congratulations !

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Is that the same '70 that Mike Mosier wanted $375 for at the National ?
  • Options
    hello murcerfan, good to hear from you my friend.

yes, got it from mike.

but i got it at the " i don`t know you from adam" price. (a bit more $)

but its the first time i`ve had the chance to purchase this lid, so, i gave him the money and a smile.

your friend, lee
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    A tip of the lid to you, Lee. As Tom Petty would say, "It's good to be king" -- or to own a 1/1 graded vintage item!

Do the mylar sleeves keep the lids from sliding around in there?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Besides the OC on the 73 what else is "wrong" with it? Is it OC that much ot make it a 6? I mean that is really sharp (color) to include the edges.
    Is this one of those type of cards that "cant" get but so high?
    Other then that they look great and I dont even like Baseball. >>

Aknot: Typically - all of the Candy Lids were literally as candy lids on little buckets of candy. If you envision how it would look - you pull on the tab, and the top comes off. The problem then being that the tab was kept perpendicular to the top - so it is usually creased and bent, thus keeping high grades incredibly hard, but for examples that were never actually put on top of the bucket of candy!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread inspired me. I finally got a Reggie 73 candy lid last night. It's been on my wantlist for years but have always passed to go for other items. I hope to submit it at Ft. Washington.

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach