Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

for the guy whinning about primeagle winning every PSA 9 61 topps

here is one you may have one or missed out due to pouting!

PSA 9 CHEAP and another

and another

and again

and again

Wow! You could have WON a ton tongiht. I guess Primeagle is filling his set and NOW may be the time to pick the cards up at a third of his payment on the cards.
Check Out our auctions grandslamcardco on ebay

Comments

• Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    I'm afraid the only reason those ended so low is not because of any lost time spent pouting, but because our own Jay was the sellerimage

• Options
    oh crap- that sucks I was hoping just when he was quitting the eagle had landed and was a) running out of cash b) filling his set

That really sucks! I wish the guy well.
  • Options
    just a wild guess, but it might have something to do with the fact that none of those are low pop cards.

like, duh
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Why the needling thread?
  • Options
    or perhaps people are just starting to realize 400.00 for a MINT 61 common is insanity!

gaspie- he was whinning about sour grapes and losing to primeagle and demanding sellers not sell them on ebay. well as soon as he does that they start going for 100.00 or so. I thought it was funny at first but then second guessed myself and thought perhaps he could get the cards he needed now ALOT CHEAPER than primeagle

goodriddance is a 1/4 checklist LOW POP??
    the other two are 1/5's seem

I have no idea I am not in the business of buying commons for 400.00 I am in the business of selling them.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Or perhaps he already has those cards in PSA 9McBride set

Every set has someone willing to pay whatever it takes. Do you think the 1968 set builders love trying to win one that Ron Rittlinger needs? They probably feel the same when bidding on a 1951 Bowman that John Branca needs.

Patience is key...but how patient can you be when the only upgrade is a low pop PSA 9 or PSA 10?

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    they both have that card...thats the only reason it went cheap
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    So there is the answer. They both have it. So the price was right. Over SMR as a matter of fact.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Rob was merely expressing his frustration at obtaining any cards he needs on EBAY due to Primeagle's wild spending. I wouldn't characterize it as "whining" and "pouting". If you had done your homework, you would have realized that Rob already has all of these cards and this thread would not have been necessary.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and this thread would not have been necessary >>

I agree with Mantlefan
    Rob was just doing a little old fashion venting - and for those who know him will attest to the fact that he doesn't have to whine about anything. As was said, he was just talking about how some people will spend any amount of money for a card. I believe in some cases, a person will buy a card they don't even need just to protect their little turf.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    Don't mess with things you know nothing about. First, those are all solid prices. Second, no one said that Primeeagle was bidding on EVERY PSA 9 out there, just the toughest ones. And thirdly, everyone's allowed to blow off steam now and then. Cut the guy some slack.

P.S. Now, if I came across a 9 that Buck would need, I'd email him first. So even his "whinning" might be of use.
  • Options
    your right! i was wrong for even bringing it up at all.
  • Options
    No problem pick6. I do have all of those cards.

It is just that Primeeagle just seems to bid big on low pop cards and one's I need. And I don't mind him paying whatever he wants. What I object to, is his refusing to pay directly to dealers high prices for cards, but bidding huge amounts on Ebay. He uses me and others to set the market price for him.

And tonight his bidding $1000 on a 61 Houk PSA 8 when he already won two of them the past month.......what can I say.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    ....tonight his bidding $1000 on a 61 Houk PSA 8 when he already won two of them the past month.......what can I say.

I've seen this happen on eBay in the past - whether it's a collector trying to hoard all high grade cards for a certain vintage set, or vintage PSA 10's, or cards of players from a certain team, the bottom line is that they all set themselves up for financial disaster. One can't blame someone from trying to protect their investment, but it's very likely that since they are selling at $1,000 a piece, more '61 Houk PSA 8's are bound to show up and he can't keep buying them all up forever.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>It is just that Primeeagle just seems to bid big on low pop cards and one's I need. And I don't mind him paying whatever he wants. What I object to, is his refusing to pay directly to dealers high prices for cards, but bidding huge amounts on Ebay. He uses me and others to set the market price for him. >>

You not bidding is not going to change his purchasing habits. In fact...he is probably thrilled with your decision as he will be able to pick up card for less $$$$ now.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    <<You not bidding is not going to change his purchasing habits. In fact...he is probably thrilled with your decision as he will be able to pick up card for less $$$$ now.>>

Rob,

Since your set is at 8.88...his unorthodox need to own every tough card in the set actually protects your investment as well.

This bubble cant last forever...but I sure hope it's around if and when I sell my cards.

Regards,

Alan

• Options
    thanks for understanding and to be honest I was just messing around. I hope it works out for you! See Ya Later