Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Help with Kellogg's can they be graded with a curl

At a show I go to I ran into a local guy with 3 monster boxes of Kellogg's Baseball and Football most of the mint one's are 1974 Baseball. But most have a curl to them... They look great no cracks, nice clean backs, no scraches. I never sent in any Kellogg cards into PSA for grading. What can I expect? Some of the cards have about a 1/4-3/8 inch of curl and others would go to about 1 inch of curl. I would love to put together some sets even if I dont get them graded. What would be your suggestions on cards for grading.

Comments

• Options
    Ill let the experts reply, but I have picked up from the board that you do not want to submit the cards with curls in them.

thegemmintman had once given some instructional steps in removing the curls which involved heavy books and patience. Im sure he will respond when he sees the thread.

Good luck.

Keith
  • Options
    If the curl isn't too bad and yours doesn't sound too bad, I don't think it would be a big problem. I have sent some in with a small curl and gotten 9's. One warning is to be very careful pressing these things with books, weights or the like. I bought some Stop and Go that were great and were sure 9's but had some curl. I pressed them for a couple of weeks while I did other things under one relatively small book. Upon removal ---- 100% had "shattered". Bad large multiple cracks on every card.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options

<< <i>thegemmintman had once given some instructional steps in removing the curls which involved heavy books and patience. Im sure he will respond when he sees the thread. >>

You remember that Cubfan? image

It's true. You can take some of that curl out by placing your K Kard first in a Card Saver I. Then put the card on a carpet with a lot of heavy books on top. Let simmer for about two months, and you should get at least 50% of the curl down. Hey it's worked for me. If you still have a significant curl don't expect any better than a PSA 9, but you should still submit it if everything else is cherry.

I have also tried this by putting the card on a hard surface (kitchen counter), followed by heavy objects on top. The results were rather disastrous image I don't think the K Kards like hard and heavy on both sides. There has to be a little give.