Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    two words.....

rick ankiel

-JS
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Dude, how the Cardinals handled him was the least of Ankiel's problems.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>two words.....

rick ankiel

-JS >>

We've been over this. The Cardinals monitored his pitch counts at the request of his agent, he just didn't have his head screwed on straight enough to keep himself in the majors.

But this isn't about two years ago, anyway. When they acquired Larry Walker, you asked "can he pitch," insinuating that there was something terribly wrong with their rotation. When you were talking up the Rangers like you've rooted for them all your life, you referred to this year's Cardinals' pitching staff as "ragged." What's the deal?
  • Options
    nice choke yesterday against the Braves...playoff preview perhaps??

JS
  • Options

<< <i>nice choke yesterday against the Braves...playoff preview perhaps??

JS >>

Smack doesn't cut it. What is wrong with the Cardinals pitching staff?
  • Options
    What is wrong with the Cardinals pitching staff?
  • Options
    What is wrong with the Cardinals pitching staff?
  • Options
    If you can't beat the Reds, how are you going to beat the best in NL???

Sorry

-JS
  • Options

<< <i>If you can't beat the Reds, how are you going to beat the best in NL???

Sorry

-JS >>

They ARE the best in the NL, buddy.

And you keep basing your argument on one game. One game of 162. They won the Cincinnati series. In fact, they've won seven straight series', and eighteen of their last twenty series'. This includes games against San Francisco, Atlanta, Florida, Chicago, Oakland and your new favorite team, the Rangers. That's a record of 43-15 since the second week of June. What is wrong with the Cardinals pitching staff?
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>If you can't beat the Reds, how are you going to beat the best in NL??? >>

And you keep basing your argument on one game. One game of 162. They won the Cincinnati series. In fact, they've won seven straight series', and eighteen of their last twenty series'. This includes games against San Francisco, Atlanta, Florida, Chicago, Oakland and your new favorite team, the Rangers. That's a record of 43-15 since the second week of June. What is wrong with the Cardinals pitching staff?
  • Options

js
  • Options

<< <i>If you can't beat the Reds, how are you going to beat the best in NL???

js >>

• Options
    Woah, deja vu.
  • Options
    Woah, deja vu image
  • Options
    wow, reading through this thread has made me gain a lot of respect for ThisIsSportsCentre. gotta love guys who actually back up their claims with a coherent argument.

stalin, give up. when you know you're wrong, admit it. stop trying to argue about a subject you're obviously clueless about
  • Options
    I love it, cards are up big in their divison and the band wagon comes a rolling! Where were all these "St Louis"
    fans last year when they shut it down early in the playoffs??????

Maybe they were cubs fans.

Im going to enjoy bring this one up to the top when they prove once again what chokers they are and that
    their pitching coaches make chopped liver out of their arms.

Will Rick Ankiel be ready for the playoffs????

LMK
    Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>I love it, cards are up big in their divison and the band wagon comes a rolling! Where were all these "St Louis"
    fans last year when they shut it down early in the playoffs??????

Maybe they were cubs fans. >>

I've told you before, I'm not a Cardinals fan. I couldn't care less what they do in October, or May for that matter.

<< <i>
    Im going to enjoy bring this one up to the top when they prove once again what chokers they are and that
    their pitching coaches make chopped liver out of their arms. >>

All I ask is that you back up the claim with something substantial. Come on, let's hear it Kevin.

<< <i>Will Rick Ankiel be ready for the playoffs????

LMK
    Kevin >>

This contradicts your "Cards choke in the playoffs" drivel. Ankiel was awful in the playoffs. Why would they want him around?
  • Options
    TISC, just drop it man. You are never going to win an argument with Kevin. By the way, the Cards staff ain't that great. I think I could even win a game or two if my offense was putting up 8-10 runs a game.
  • Options

<< <i>TISC, just drop it man. You are never going to win an argument with Kevin. By the way, the Cards staff ain't that great. I think I could even win a game or two if my offense was putting up 8-10 runs a game. >>

The Cards staff. It's not great on paper, but they're getting the job done. Runs or not. They've got the third best team ERA in the majors, this "it's all offense" stuff is nonsense.

My problem with Kevin is his claim that they've butchered all their pitchers. That's completely false, unless he's holding some info that can prove me wrong.
  • Options
    I call Rick today and Bud Smith answered the phone...do the cards coaches room them all together after
    they put them through the meat grinder??

LMK
    Kevin
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>stalin, give up. when you know you're wrong, admit it. stop trying to argue about a subject you're obviously clueless about >>

TISC,
    Kevin is the one of the biggest jokes on these boards. Refer to his Buc's icon in the sig line if you need proof. And if you want the ultimate truth, just ask him when his college thesis, based on the psychological profile of card collectors, will be completed and presented to the masses. He's way, way overdue. Kevin, my checkbook is ready for a copy.

Research the archives in the PSA Registry set, vintage card, etc. forums. Type 'thesis', check 'body' of messages in the dialog box, hit 'search', then prepare to spend about an hour choosing from the menu while you shake your head............

BOTR