Home Sports Talk

El Duque takes joestalin and the Texas Rangers out behind the wood shed

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6019

5-0, 2.08 ERA

El Duque is clearly the story of the year. In his last 6 starts he is pitching better than any MLB starter. After a tear in both the muscle and the rotator cuff in Hernandez' pitching shoulder he is pitching better than he ever has.

Besides putting his $$$ where his mouth is Steinbrenner also is a gambler who takes chances on "washed up" players who have paid off big like El Duque, Strawberry, Gooden, and Olerud.

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    typical yank fan, you guys gave up on this guy and shipping his *ss out! Now you think he is hometown
    hero. The real question is...where will Yank fan be when they get hammered in the playoffs by a team with
    1/50th their payroll?

JS
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    you mean like the TRIBE, Joestalin?image

They have been pretty hot as of late and playing not too shabby for a bunch of Kids! The guys on baseball tonite said they are a "dangerous" team.

I'll be at THE JAKE on the 25th with a Wankee fan to hopefully see them get smacked around.
    here are some series stats:

Soriano 5-11 4 doubles .455
    Jeter 3-14 HR .214
    Arod 3-12 .250

• << <i>here are some series stats:

Soriano 5-11 4 doubles .455
    Jeter 3-14 HR .214
    Arod 3-12 .250 >>

Here are a few more:
    Texas 7, New York 1
    Texas 2, New York 4
    Texas 1, New York 5

In the end, that's all that matters.
  • Steinbrenner also is a gambler who takes chances on "washed up" players

Of course he takes chances on "washed-up" players. If they don't work out, he just spends another 10 mil and brings in another star player.

The economic-model of baseball is a big joke, as is the band-aid which is revenue sharing......it's like putting a band-aid on a broken leg.
  • Don't worry Goose...I'll bring a crying towel for you to use when we roll all over Clevesburg.

If we beat you on the 25th you gotta buy me a coke in that special cup they have. image
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I can't afford the 19.95 HLM!
    sportscenter...why don't you post how the cards do in the playoffs when they get their? CHOKE CITY

JS