Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Newport Prison

PCGS acknowledged receipt on June 30 for a 15-day grading submission for seven coins. It's August 11 and still no word. I count 30 weekdays minus one for the Fourth of July minus four for the Baltimore show = 25 days and counting. I'm getting frustrated and it looks they are grading them for free. I wish they would figure out a way to lower the turnaround times without sacrificing their grading standards. Giving out tons of comps cannot be good for their business.
Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com

Comments

• Options
    I would be on the phone with customer service on this one.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    I called last Friday. The rep was very nice. Told me my stuff was still in the vault and had not yet made it to the grading room. She said she flagged them as urgent and acknowledged that all seven would be comped.
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options

<< <i>acknowledged that all seven would be comped. >>

Let's hope they don't decide that since they've already lost the fees, there's no longer any rush.image
    Roy

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "Let's hope they don't decide that since they've already lost the fees, there's no longer any rush."

Roy, that's exactly what I was thinking. I suspect that had the call to customer service not been made they might have languished there a lot longer. Hopefully, they'll go to the head of the line now.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options

At least you get a whole bunch of coupons to use to get other coins graded for free.
    Looks like you might get a nice year's supply of coupons out of this.
  • Options
    Sure, it's like complaining about your food in a restaurant. They drop your steak on the floor a few times before cooking it again.....now you will be getting the grader from hell
    The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
    Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.