Home Sports Talk
Options

Soriano and company POUND the Yanks!

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
Man the Rangers really took it to the Yankers tonight! They beat up the Yanks best pitcher and countered with
some guy I never heard of! Soriano is back in the lead off spot and is tearing it up! Hey Yanks, who needs a
lead off guy who gets on 4 times in the game and scores three of those times?? LMAO

The Rangers own you! Put on your lipstick and enjoy!

JS

Comments

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>why do you keep trying to make the numbers work for you? Don't give me innings give me pitches! Pedro can
    go 9 innings and throw 70 times, Ankiel was throwing 15-20 pitches an inning. He was over 100 practically
    every outing. Cards staff wasted him. >>

Wrong again. Scott Boras, Ankiel's agent, specifically asked Walt Jocketty to limit Ankiel's workload until he turned 22. This involved keeping his pitch count below 100, and the Cardinal's obliged.
  • Options
    you see the Rangers don't choke like the cards do! They don't even have half the players, but it will be
    Soriano and the boys playing deep into October while Pujols and your ragged pitching staff will be
    watching from the couch!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>you see the Rangers don't choke like the cards do! They don't even have half the players, but it will be
    Soriano and the boys playing deep into October while Pujols and your ragged pitching staff will be
    watching from the couch!

JS >>

Again you prove how little you know about baseball. The Rangers have never in their history made it out of the division series. In fact, they've won a whopping 1 game in postseason play. They don't choke? Please. A lineup of Pudge, Rusty Greer, Dean Palmer, Juan Gonzalez and Will Clark/Raffy Palmeiro, all in their prime, has gotten them ONE win in the playoffs. Start the heimlich.

I still ask what exactly is wrong with the Cardinals' pitching staff? You've yet to back up your claims with anything substantial. Trash talk doesn't make you any less wrong about it. (And for the record, I'm not a Cards fan, so your 'smack' has fallen on deaf ears.)
  • Options

<< <i>Soriano and company POUND the Yanks >>

Tonight the Yanks pounded back.

oh well, there goes you plan for
    Ranger world domination!

imageimage
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? Stalin didn't start a thread to announce the Yankee win? I'm shocked!image
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    yeah here come the chicken *hit Yankee fans, happy about a 2 run win over a team whose payroll is
    1/50th the size! BKAH is just miffed because he got creamed on the Griffey post and his man Bonds has
    completly dissappeared off the radar! BTW..Thome had two more tonight! Can you win the MVP with great
    Walk stats? I doubt it! LOL

Where were you all when the Rangers were taking Kevin Brown and the gang behind the wood shed?

JS
  • Options
    I'm actually a Phillies fan. I just find it entertaining when these posts come up. I really thought the Yankees would lose out for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    As much as I like the Phillies and I love watching Jim Thome, the truth is you can't win the MVP when you hit less than .200 with men in scoring position.
  • Options
    hey how about wolf tonight? When is the last time Thome hit two homers in a game and was overshadowed?

By the pitcher no less!

Good to see we agree on something.

I really think the Rangers are the Marlins of 03.

Kevin
  • Options
    I'd love to see the Rangers do well, but I don't think they have enough pitching. That is where they are much different from the Marlins of last season.

It was fun watching Wolfe hit 2 dingers tonight but I'd much rather see him pitch a game without having a 3 run inning! He still scares me.
  • Options
    C'mon Kevin, what's wrong with the Cards' pitching staff?
  • Options
    In reference to the Rangers being the Marlins of 2003, IMO I think the Rangers are the Marlins of 2004.
    Mike Miller
    Yankee Collector 1958-60
    Retired complete 1960 Topps set
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Clearly the New York Yankees are no match for the Texas Rangers.
  • Options
    murcerfan, you back on these boards? We thought we lost you.
  • Options
    yeah the yankee fans are back after getting pounded in the first game. Soriano did his part tonight but
    the rest of the team didn't show up. Good to see Yankee fan back!

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>BKAH is just miffed because he got creamed on the Griffey post and his man Bonds has
    completly dissappeared off the radar! >>

I did not get creamed...
    a few loosers did not like my post
    but that means nothing... plenty of others out there
    are right with me.
    I am still here.
    Bonds is still playing.
    Griffey however, is once again, Out for the season....

looks like Jr. is the one that got creamed!

imageimage
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Cairo, El Duque, Olerud............it's all the $$$ No?
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    The Rangers are to the Yankees like Murcerfans cards are to 1954s cards.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases