Home Stamps Forum
Options

Wrong Stamps? Who knows if the dealer dosen't

About a month ago I bought two stamps from a dealer fiend of mine.
They were a 247 and a 252.
After submission to PSE the stamps changed to a 264 (was 247) and a 279B (was the 252), that's also a big difference in price.

This is worst then the coin business.

Lesson learned, don't take their word for it, know for yourself!!

Glen
I don't buy slabs I make them

Comments

• Options
    You can always check in the catalog to check for prices before buying or even check online. Some stamps, espicially the older ones were issued in different colors and sometimes it can be hard to tell what your buying.
  • Options
    Glen...I think this is very common. The Washington Franklin Series is the worst. It certainly is buyer beware in the e-bay auction world. Faults are all but common...a fault free used stamp is a rarity. But...I have noticed that if the seller has "stamps" in their Name (i.e. Joe's Super Stamp Rarities Inc. ) and list their item as super gem one of a kind fault free rarity, people buy them. Even though most are faulty with terrible centering. Baby Bank Notes are the same...doesn't anyone know how to detect a Watermark? Dealer shops are no better...check EVERY stamp in fluid before you buy it. I have heard that Dealers say only 15% of all faulty stamps sent to buyers are returned. Buyers reported that the effort to return them was to great or they just didn't care or know. What a market...faulty stamps are everywhere out there. And while I'm venting...what's the story on all these reperfed cheaper used stamps?
    You got it figured right Glen...get a certificate.

My Led Zeps..................
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...