Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Not Quite Baley's...(PICS).....More Newps(nothing special)

..But I'm getting thereimage

Post pics of your Type Set!!

Comments

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    image Betta. Type sets are fun image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    Nice Type Set you have coming along there image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's exactly how mine started! (and I'm still not done upgrading)

isn't it a fun album to work on?

nice coins, good pics image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super work . . . and nice effort of the pics too!

Nothing like type . . . . can be a lifetime work in progress . . . .

DRUNNER
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments...As you can see, I still have a long ways to go. Most of these coins are in need for a good upgrade. I know they aren't the best but thoes pics took me forever.

jim
  • Options
    VERY image

I've just ordered a Dansco 7070 to start my type set collection. Looks like it's gonna be fun !! image
  • Options
    You'll have PLENTY of fun...believe meimage...But always be patient with the coins you buy for your album. It's better to buy the grade you want later, than the grade you can afford now...good luck
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betta285

You're off to a great start. Keep us posted on the new additions.
    The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    I'll be sure too..hopefully I'll have a nice 20 cent piece to show you within the next few days.
  • Options
    GonfunkoGonfunko Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    Nice type set! Why don't you get a capital plastics board for your coins? They make incredible displays.
  • Options
    Why don't you get a capital plastics board for your coins?

can you carry them around and it looks like a leather bound book?

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my little 20th century type set. It is a framed type that I hang on my office wall so I can enjoy 'em all day long. I have upgraded some since this pic was taken and as for the rest - "Help is on the way!"

• Options
    Betta285,

Very nice. Here's mine. Maybe we can get Baley to post updated pics of his set.
    Bill
  • Options
    Crackout,
    I have that same framed set which is where I put any of my 20th century coins that I happen to Upgrade from my type set. One thing i love about that frame is how the cardboard back creates beautiful toning on the coins in the frame.

SD,
    Nice set and it looks like you haven't rushed any of your purchases, something I have to work onimage

jim
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion

Flip those Bi-centennials and the state quarter over so you can see the important side.

Nice start. It will just keep getting better.
  • Options
    Maybe we can get Baley to post updated pics of his set.

the book is at the bank, but here's a quick snap I took last time it was out, the no motto dollar went from a nice VF/EF to a dipped AU53, hoping it will mellow out some over the next decade, and leaves a little room for an eventual upgrade to MS

(and the other coin fills a tough hole in my "dirty" B set that's kept in an old, used blue whitman album;
    the AU58 trade dollar is on it's way there, someday, and I'll get a white or off-white low MS one for this book image )

• Options
    Here's my newest addition and also my first 20 cent piece. It's has beautiful blue and purple endroll toning which was difficult to capture in the pics, and the reverse is almost PL with minor marks under the eagle's left wing. This 1875-s is one i've been looking at for the past few months because i loved the toning. I know nothing about the series but i grade it at VF20, please correct me if i'm wrong.image....

Hey Baley,
    I'll give you my *NEW* 20 cent piece for your new seated dollar?image

jim
  • Options
    imageimage
    imageimage

Just some new additions...nothing special..just pure originality at it's best
    Grades/opinions welcome!!

jim
  • Options
    Jim,

Nice additions. I have few new additions too. Too much fun!
    Bill
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My newest addition: image

• Options
    imageimage
    imageimage

jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights