Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Questions about the ANA show

RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
The upcoming convention will be my first ANA show. I have a few questions:

How does one pre-register? Is it recommended and is it still possible? Is it necessary to bring one's ANA card?

I plan on spending the full day on Friday, but is it a venue to bring my 5 year old son (for an hour on another day) to search for circulated buffalo nickels?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Here is the form you need from the ANA site. It says that the last day to order items has already past (Aug 4th) but it doesn't say if that includes pre-registration or not. There were plenty of kids your son's age at the Baltimore ANA. I don't think it is necessary to bring your ANA card but it wouldn't hurt.

Here's a link to the convention's homepage.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    JamericonJamericon Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    Pre-registration is required but not necessary if you did not. You will have to wait in line to register which moves fast anyway. ANA card is not needed, but good to have.

The venue is great for your son! Circs buffalos are there as is a lot of other fascinating stuff for him to see.
    Jamie Yakes - U.S. paper money collector, researcher, and author. | Join the SPMCUS Small-Size Notes, National Bank Notes, and NJ Depression Scrip
  • Options
    Robert,

I think that the budget area of dealers, which is limited to items $1 to $500, would be a likely place to search for your son's buffalos. In fact, I will be looking for some buffs for my circulated set myself.
    Gary
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Gary...hard on a 5 year old...but my suggestion is let him show you what interest him.......there is quite a bit to take in and a lot of walking so he may tire out....stop bye my booth and say hi....there is a treasure trivia for YN's which he may enjoy
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    When is PNG Day?

Mike
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I think it's Tuesday but I'm not sure.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Yes, PNG day is Tuesday.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, you guys are terrific.

Robert
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    The show floor has an area (the "budget area" on the bourse floor layout) set aside for dealers who are restricted to coins costing no more than a certain amount (don't know what it is exactly - maybe $500). Should be able to find circ Buffalos there.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file