Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Damn near spent a two headed quarter today

clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
I generally flip coins over and look at both sides before I put them into a machine. Not sure why I do this, but I do. Well, today I saw heads on both sides of a quarter and flipped it a few more times to make sure I wasn't imagining things. One side is a 1998-P and the other is a 1996-D. The 1996 was hollowed out. I've seen enough threads on these to know they're fake, but there is still that slight hope when first seeing something like this. Kind of like finding "copper" 1943 cents.

Comments

• Options
    Neat find!!image
  • Options
    The fun thing is convincing a non collector that they are fake........I have had a few co-workers bring in a few and I can't convince them that they aren't real.....they think they are going to be rich image
  • Options
    image Got one myself. Wonder who has time to go to all that trouble to make em?
    Eddie
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Well, my brother has come up with one of these and as stated above, thinks he's gonna be rich!!! It's a two headed quarter with the dates of: 1985 on one side and 1970 on the other. I've never seen one but obviously there are some out there. So, I gotta tell him he still ain't rich. So how do they make these? Fun thread.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file