Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just came from Heritage - I think these are underappreciated...

It's a 1969-D Washington quarter, PCGS MS67:

1969-D 25C MS67

It's a nice, original white, and has great luster. With a population of 90 in 67 and 4 higher, why isn't it worth more than the $58 that I paid?

Perhaps there are a lot more of these around in nice condition that just aren't being slabbed? Maybe that's why a coin like this would sell for much less than would be expected based on the pop numbers?

What do you think? Are clad Washingtons from the 60's and 70's underappreciated in superb mint state condition?

Dan

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>why isn't it worth more than the $58 that I paid? >>

Because it's only worth 25 cents? image

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    They are not my cup of tea, but I would say yes.......a lot of the Clad quarters are under appreciated compared to the pop numbers. Are there more nice examples sitting around waiting to be graded, yes............are there truck loads of them....NO. It just doesn't seem like the clads were saved in quantity like a lot of Silver coins.

I think you got a good deal on the quarter regardless of the seemingly lack luster popularity of Clad quarters.

Just my opinions of course image
  • Options
    Dan, some good info in this post.

Does the coin look better than the Heritage pics? I don't think the pics look so hot.
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

• Options
    Yes, Sequitur - it does look better in person. In the scan, it looks as though there's a hazy, off-white coating. In person, it just looks white and lustrous.

Dan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file