Home Sports Talk
Options

Burrell out for the season ...

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    you gotta be freaking kidding...in batting practice no less. man I don't think even thome can pick up the
    slack on this one. good god, are we going to have to depend on your pitching to get us there?

JS
  • Options
    unfortunately, yes ...

it's a good thing the football season gets underway in an hour ...
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<you gotta be freaking kidding...in batting practice no less. man I don't think even thome can pick up the
    slack on this one. >>

joey stalin, my favorite comrad, if you had 9 healthy Burrell Burritos the Phlounderers still wouldn't win squat!!!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    It has to be real easy to be a Yankee fan. I wonder if most Yankee fans could even talk about their rich history, or do most simply go back to 1996. Not you Gemmy, I know you have been around for a long time. I am talking about other Yankee fans.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    gemmy

If we played the O's and the D-Rays 400 times a year we would be up 8 games in our division too! If I were
    you I would be worried about which 20 million dollar payroll team you are going to choke against in the playoffs
    this year!

Thanks
    JS
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<Not you Gemmy, I know you have been around for a long time. I am talking about other Yankee fans.>>

Well, I can't speak for other Yankee fans, but I suffered during the late 60's, early 70's with the likes of Fritz Peterson, Horace Clark, and Jerry Kenney as well as future stars Munson and Murcer, while the Mets were winning with Seaver, Koosman, Jones, and Agee. I stuck with my Yankees through thick and thin during the CBS owned thin years. No "Fare Weather" fan here. Yes, I think post 1996 Yankee fans are spoiled. I have paid my dues. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>this just sucks ... >>

Philly may actually improve now that all of his strikeouts are gone.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Is it possible for Worrell to blow more saves than Jose Mesa did last year? He's certainly looking up to the task ...

• Options
    good god reminds me of Turk Wendell! Get his *ss out of there!

JS