Home Sports Talk

Contract squabbles are already ruining the Football season.

The recent contract squabbles between K. Winslow and the Cleveland Browns and P. Rivers and the San Diego Chargers are ruining the football season before it starts. Don't misunderstand, there is nothing wrong with asking but be reasonable. There is no way in h@ll that Rivers should get the same money as E. Manning. Both Winslow and Rivers received very fair offers IMO and turned them down. I am tired of unproven rookies demanding ridiculous money and not playing up to their pay scale. image

Scott
Registry Sets:
T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
1981 Topps FB PSA 10
1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets

Comments

• Yeah I read about that too.

From what I've heard, Winslow would have gotten drafted one or two picks earlier but the teams found out that his agent is Kevin Poston and wanted nothing to do with him. Needless to say Cleveland knew they would be dealing with an agent who is notorious for holding out for too much money.

It'd be funny if they didn't get signed. So much for the agents looking out for the player's best interest. image

Brian
  • that is why you need to forget Pro football
    and only watch College ball!
    imageimage
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    All indicators before the draft stated that Detroit was going to draft Winslow. I was only excited because of his talent, but his attitude was a huge deterrent. Detroit was smart to pass on him and sign what in my opinion was one of the most proven players in the draft, Roy Williams. Cleveland has to be thinking hindsight's 20/20.
  • BKAH makes a valid point regarding college football.

I never was "into" that, until about 3 years ago. But the more you watch, the more it grows on you. There are no guys with huge contracts, these are kids, playing the game that they enjoy. I like the continual effort that the players show, and the true emotion of the game.

The more you watch college football, and the more you compare and contrast it to the NFL, you will learn to enjoy both, just differently! Then the trials of the NFL contract talks, and all the B.S. won't weigh you down as much.

Just my opinion

Dal
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I love college not only for the effort many players put in, but because every game can feel like the Super Bowl when a team is undefeated. In the NFL, 6 losses means nothing and teams have had up to 8 and still made the playoffs (16 game season). It's much more exciting at the beginning of the season IMO...

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Winslow just doesn't want to have to take his punishment on the field. I would hate for him to actually have to
    prove himself in the NFL. The more he holds out the harder he will get hit when he goes over the middle. You
    know some minimum wage DB is just going to be waiting for him!

JS
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Football season being ruined????!!!!!!.......Are you kidding me? Who gives a rats a$$ if Winslow and the rest of those clowns hold out or not, what the heck have they ever done? I think it is an absolute joke that these guys are holding out, If I was an athlete coming out of college I would sign the first offer that I got. These guys have done NOTHING yet and dont deserve jack shi$ for turning down offers, hey good for the Chargers when they took their offer sheet down on that idiot Phillip Rivers, I hope he sits out all year and watches his value plummet like diahrea shooting out of his a$$$$!
  • I'm glad Winslow finally came to his senses. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up