Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm sitting at work yesterday

MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
Waiting for the PCGS E-Mail telling me my grades are ready when one of these pops up....

<< <i>eBay User Information Request >>

I think to myself image I wonder why he did that, I haven't received my goodies yet, and then the phone rings. The sell is on the phone in a panic... Seem he posted some one elses feedback to my account. Oh and it was negitive!

Linkie-poo to feedback

He tells me he has sent an E-Mail to E-Bay asking them to remove the negitives, my question is..

Do you think E-Bay will remove the negitives? Personally, I don't think so...
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    if they dont you,ll have to just keep needling them to do so until it happens
    good luck
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have been on eBay for abt 5 years and have made about 1500 opr more sales and I have never seen eBay take an active interest in anything except my fees image Wait - that is not entirely true. I have reported many bogus autograph auctions (my specialty) which were subsequently removed. I guess if I were ever to see them address this kind of thing this would qualify.

Best,
    Billy image
  • Options
    PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭
    They wouldn't remove mine. It is the only negative I have, guy did it by mistake.
    I think now they have a mutual feedback removal system, or something like that.
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    once its there you're stuck with it.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    You should have no problems. You are a power seller and can get ebay on the phone in 2 minutes. image

Seriously, though, if they don't remove it, maybe you two can use this:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?MFWRequest

Mutual Feedback Withdrawal (feedback rating removed, comment remains)
    Members that use the eBay Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process will have their feedback rating withdrawn once both members have completed the process.

The comment will remain, apparently but at least the neg will go away. You might be able to leave a comment for the feedback and say it was accidental. Probably would leave you will very little or no impact with all the positives you have.

Edited to fix link, as usual...
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    It may be possible to remove it:

This page indicates that one potentially valid cause for feedback removal is "(n)egative feedback intended for another member will be considered for removal only in situations where the member responsible for the mistaken posting informs eBay of the error and has already placed the same feedback for the correct member."

Thus, removing these are clearly legit. Whether or not they will get around to doing it is another story.
  • Options
    Yes, they will remove it - I have had one removed before from a misunderstanding. You MUST be persistant, tho, as you don't want that on your feedback. Let us know how long it takes.
  • Options
    Quit cheating people Marty ! image
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    If they won't remove it post a reply that inclueds a link to somewhere such as a site selling coins, maybe a yahoo auction etc. and then have someone "report" it. Usually in such cases eBay will tell you not to do it again and will remove the entire feedback. (Another way is to use foul language in the reply.)
  • Options
    TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    Marty if you do what Conder suggests let us know and we'll bombard ebay with complaints.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sitting at work yesterday... >>

You work? image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Quit cheating people Marty ! image >>

I guess that's why they call him MadMartyimage

But Ebay should remove it. I had a deadbeat bidder a few weeks back. Never paid, I hit him with his 3rd strike, and Whammo! Ebay gave him the boot. A few days ago Ebay wants to know if I'll allow removal of the 3rd strike, "If the buyer pays you $30 more than the high bid.", since as this guy told Ebay, "I'm poor and going to school and this is the only way I can make money."

I told Ebay, "...if I'm his 3rd strike, and he has 7 negs, with only 100 feedback, this guy has a problem, and besides McDonalds is always hiring."
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options

<< <i><< I'm sitting at work yesterday... >>

You work? >>

Yes, sad but true I do have a real job!

• Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    I'm really surprised that your rating isn't somewhere around 50%!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, sad but true I do have a real job! >>

That's why the "sitting" part is so prominent!!!..image
  • Options
    Bummer Marty, Hope you can get it removed!

Katrina
  • Options
    Marty, Looks removed now or as close as it can get.
    Michael
  • Options
    its been noted by ebay, maybe better than nothing
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It has indeed been removed from the total. I'm surprised that they acted so quickly. It's probably because Marty is a Power Screwer.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
  • Options
    Just got this in an E-Mail

<< <i>eBay Feedback Withdrawal Completed for Item 4209546224 because you know Russ

Dear madmartyk,

Your request to withdraw feedback for item 4209546224 has been successfully completed. The feedback comment will now be marked as withdrawn and feedback scores updated.

Please note: It may take up to 24 hours for the withdrawal to be reflected in your feedback score.
    >>

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>eBay Feedback Withdrawal Completed for Item 4209546224 because you know Russ >>

Don't say I never did anything for you.

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, did you enjoy your negarectomy image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file