Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1856 Flying Eagle Cent

I have inherited a 1856 Flying Eagle Cent. I believe it to me genuine as I was told
it was bought for $22,000. I would like to sell it without going through the hassle
and time of having it slabbed.

Does anyone know of someone in Florida that might be interested in purchasing
this coin? I am willing to take much less for the coin for a quick sale.

Comments

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Let's see...you have a $22M coin to sell, and you don't want to go thru the hassle of having it slabbed? image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options

I did not say it was worth $22,000, I said I was told that was what was paid for it.

Someone that might want it can surely look at the coin first and make an offer if so
    inclined. If the new owner wants it slabbed they can do it.

• Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Can you post a very large picture of the coin, so we can see if we think it is genuine or not?

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    Do yourself a favor, get the coin slabbed! You could bring it to LOng Beach show in September and pay the $100 one day fee. And if it turns out you have a genuine 1856 you would have no problem selling it there if you are willing to.
    Othewise, I don't think anybody in there right mind is going to take a chance on a coin worth that kind of money imho
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    In addition to the issue of whether the coin is genuine, one must also take into account whether it is a Proof or a business strike. Either way it is best to have the piece certified.