Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Congratulations to Dave Cryer for now having the All-Time Finest 1969 Topps Baseball Set

Wow! A 8.79 GPA! In record speed too! I guess the good news for the rest of us '69 collectors is that you won't be needing most of the '69 cards that will be coming out on the market! image

Comments

• Absolutely amazing! And Dave is a very nice guy as well. I counted 4 PSA 7s and 163 PSA 8s in his set so I think we can expect to see his GPA continue to move upward. What is also incredible is that he has two sets in the top ten!

Congratulations Dave, great job!
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Dave! You've already passed up the astronomical GPA Dave Jacobs had achieved. That was quick! image
  • I just checked my notes. Dave started the year in the 16th spot on the registry with a 29.97% completion percentage and a set rating of 2.55.
  • Awesome set! image

Brian
  • RobbyRobby Posts: 668 ✭✭✭
    Would also like to point out that Dave is #1 on the 1964 Topps Baseball set with the current Finest Set - a whopping 8.49 gpa with 25 "10's" in his set ! He is slowly but surely closing in on JH's All Time Finest set gpa of 8.75 ! This deserves another thread , but since you 69's started this one , thought I would congratulate Dave on both sets ! Terrific accomplishment on both ! ...................Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Congratulations. Quite an accomplishment!!!
  • Congratulations Dave! Nice work!

Scott
  • DAVE- RE 1969 TOPPS--- NICE GOING ON TAKING CHARGE. I AM NOT WORTHY TO BE IN YOUR COMPANY. #2 OR #3 RON HOBBS
    TWINRON
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Great Job Dave !!!!

imageimage
  • ScumbiScumbi Posts: 268
    Helluva job, Dave. The 1969s are a nightmare when it comes to centering. 8.79 is an amazing feat.

Best,

S.
  • I want to thank everyone for their gracious comments. Needless to say "my" set is really "your" set...so many people helped me with advice and cards. Last weekend Dave Read and family spent the weekend on their way south and it was great meeting one of the class acts of the 69 crew and picking his brain. Of course there are so many others. Thank you, thank you, thank you and as I go for the elusive, and expensive, 9.0, I won't forget all the help.
    Cheers,
    Dave C.
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Excellent job Dave, I'm very envious.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • magellan,

Congratulations are in order for you as well for cracking the 50% mark. And I notice that you won several auctions in the past week so I imagine you'll be making additions to your registry set in the near future. You're proceeding quite rapidly yourself but the hill gets much steeper to climb at this point. Good luck with the second half!

Michael
  • wow, thats awesome. You vintage guys sure take on a challenge with these sets!
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Michael, Thank you for your ongoing support. Your pricing info and overall knowledge of the set along with some of the other 69 collectors has been very helpful.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Dave,

The warmest formal congratulations from me as well. This will always be my favorite set. Incredible effort you have assembled. Keep up the fine work!

Best Regards,

RayB
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Dave you are a hard person to track down, Would you sell your 1970 Seaver PSA 10?

Edvolpe@optonline.net
    edward volpe
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard from Dave in the last few years? He made a bit of an abrupt farewell from the hobby a few years back, hope he's ok and still with us.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭
    wow congrats!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started