Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Received my Silver 2004 - 11 piece proof sets yesterday

LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
All very nice, cameos jump off the surfaces. Unfortunately they all have mintmarks. I keep hoping one day I'll get one with a missing S on it.

Oh well.

My wife nearly passed out when I opened the box and immediately began to crack one set out to load up my Dansco albums. She just doesn't understand the mental illness that I endureimage.
MUST. FILL. EACH. OPENING. IN. THE. PAGE.

Overall the Kennedys and the two nickels are my favorites, they really look nice.

The cent, dime, dollar and quarters all look very nice.

I am very happy.

Comments

• Options
    Kewl - got any pics?
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Are the Danscos designed for the two nickels or will that cause a problem?
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you got some good ones!

Anybody have any thoughts on how to get the dust and packing debri off of cracked proof sets?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Kewl - got any pics? >>

No pics yet, I'll try to do that later today.
  • Options

<< <i>Are the Danscos designed for the two nickels or will that cause a problem? >>

No, and that somewhat bums me out.

When I picked it up, the 04 and 05 nickels were already announced, so I asked the dealer and he didn't know if an updated page would be made available.

I did buy a blank nickel page and placed it in the back to hold the second nickel from each year. It's an okay solution, but not the best.
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    I finally got mine yesterday as well. Nice set!

The scanner did a lousy job catching the luster in these. Too many mirrors reflecting back at it. image
  • Options
    Got mine last week. Kept one and sent the other back. They were cloudy and the Texas had a struck thru lint error.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine went back. It had a smudge/fingerprint on the face of Sacagawea.
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    Kept one and sent the other back. They were cloudy and the Texas had a struck thru lint error.

I purchased one from the mint, and had to send it back also. The michigan quarter was hazy on the reverse, and there was some type of junk on lincolns face..... lame.....
    However, I had never seen a frostier, DCAMier kennedy in my life- hope the replacement set has one just as nice....
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

I went 0 for 3. Two with DCAM fingerprints on FDR and one with fuzzy haze around Lincoln.

Would you bust open the sets and recombine into at least one good one?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file