Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I picked this up at a local show yesterday

CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't actively collect Morgans, but I've seen enough of them to know that there are some dates that are usually softly struck. When I saw this coin I thought it was a much better than average strike for the date, and it even has semi-PL fields. It was the first non-PCGS slab I've bought in a long time, an ICG MS63. For you Morgan experts - did a get a decent deal for $87?

imageimage

Even if it wasn't such a great deal, I like the coin much better than the PCGS MS63 I already have.

Jim
Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!

Comments

• Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Looks like you got yourself a very nice coin - I like it! image
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    nice coin

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    Looks pretty darn good from here!
  • Options
    Looks like you got a pretty goood deal...Is the cheek badly marked up or are thoes only luster breaks?
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to those who have responded for confirming my opinion.

Betta,

Yes, there are marks on the cheek. The obverse fields are good for a MS63; the reverse has a noticeable mark between the wreath and the "CA" of America. I like it because of its strike and flash.

JIm
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
  • Options
    Yea, the fields look brilliant. Nice luster..great buy!
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    Nice coin, fair price

IMHO

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I think you did fine. But remember, there aren't really any coins worth getting in those holders. image Yes, no real coins. Nothing to see there. Nothing to get. Leave them for me to snipe away...
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    looks pretty kosher from my side,, nice cern,,STEVEimageimage
    toner loner
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like some nice cartwheelin' goin on there.

(Edited to correct the usual heinous typos- one of these days I'll remember to use the "preview" button before posting...)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    Looks pretty good to me. I prefer well struck Morgans!!
    J'har

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file