Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ARRRRRGH!

I think that my childhood collection is gone forever! I had an entire coin collection from my childhood that I believe was stolen from my mothers house. She had smoe guests over there and a non-family member stayed in my old room. My mom asked me if I had it, and I don't. The last place the I have seen it was in her house. I didn't have anything super valuable in there...but it was probably worth $1000 or so. I had a lot of Silver Dollars, smoe late 1800's penny's, Barber dimes, etc. I don't think that I will ever see them again. The worst part. If smoebody did steal them, they probably spent them as change. image
"You must love soldiers in order to understand them, and understand them in order to lead them."
-Henri Turenne

Comments

• Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭
    That really sucks. Childhood collections are always the most interesting. I know I look at mine from time to time. You should find out who the non-family guest was (but before you do make sure that it is nowhere in the house). Anyway i'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know how enraged I would be if a guest robbed me. Good luck!
    Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear it. Surely she knows who stayed in the room?

<< <i>She had smoe guests over there >>

When you start typing "smoe" instead of "some", you've been on the Open Forum too long. image

Did you get the coins I sent?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I'm sure of who it was, but this was smoe time ago. Trying to prove it will be near impossible. Most of the coins in there were from my Grandparents. I'm having my mom scour the house to try to find it. Hopefully she has luck, but she is the one who thinks the guest took it. I can't say that i've been here too long...but smoebody told me about the smo, so I guess I jumped on the bandwagon.
    "You must love soldiers in order to understand them, and understand them in order to lead them."
    -Henri Turenne

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file