Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Beware this guy on EBAY

Here he buys a torn card for $27...

torn Crockett for $27

and relists it for $250 with no tear!!

"cured" Crockett

I love the description of "near mint" except for the totally rounded corners!
Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Where in the first auction is a tear mentioned. it just seems to me he bought and want to resell at a huge mark up. Did I miss something?
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lol
    Good for you.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Agree the seller's feedback is horrible, and that his $ 10.00 shipping for one card is a rip-off,
    and that he grossly overstates the condition of the card when he calls it NM 7,
    but the two cards don't look like they're one and the same, when compared side by side.

Of course, a seller like this wouldn't be above providing a scan of one card, and actually shipping the 27 dollar one.

..........................27 dollar card ......................................................... and ............................................................ 250 dollar card :

imageimage

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    I don't see a tear in either copy.
  • Options
    It could be bait-and-switch, but I hope the buyer would catch that.

I doubt anyone will buy it considering his location.

His auction reminds me, I have a 1933 Goudey Lajoie NM 7. The only negative is that Alvin Crowder is on the front and Crowder's bio is on the back. image

Brian
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    WOW.....I have an ungraded Mickey Mantle rookie card with a blank back and a blank front.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    You can clearly see the crease on the upper right corner (the $27 one he purchased). However, side by side.....it's clearly 2 different cards. The left and right borders are not the same.