Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How to deal with a nasty seller on the Bay

A couple of days ago I won two original bank rolls of 1964 Halfs and one of the payment options was to call and pay by credit card. I called the guy and he was less than happy about the amount I won the items for. I had to listen to how much I stole his items for longer than I cared. If it wasn't for the fear of gettting a neg I would have told the guy to shove it. Is it my fault that the items didn't sell for what he thought they were worth?

I got them for $45 each which I thought was a fair price. I bid with about 3 minutes to go, only because that was when I saw them for sell.

Loan Shark

Comments

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Good for you and to heck with him. Hope they are really original bank wrapped rolls though.

Rgrds
    Tomimage
  • Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a very fair price to me. BTW do you plan to open it?
    Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options
    You can bet I will open them. Want to know what I got.

Loan Shark
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I would just make sure you get the coins you won and then be happy with them.
  • Options

<< <i> If it wasn't for the fear of gettting a neg I would have told the guy to shove it. >>

Ebay sellers certainly don't follow the old axim "the customer is always right"!

If you're just a buyer, why care about feedback??

I'd give him neutral feedback for his attitude.

The problem with feedback is that folks are afraid to give anything other than a positive for fear of retaliation. I say let 'em have it if they deserve it!!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After I got the goods I would leave FB and call him a sore loser image
  • Options
    Wait to get your positive feedback, then call him and tell him to shove it. image
    Actually learning a few things here. What a great site.

My Ebay Sales
  • Options

<< <i> Is it my fault that the items didn't sell for what he thought they were worth?

Loan Shark >>

I thought you did give him full value since you had to listen to him whine about the way he sold them by not starting them at the price he thought they were worth!! Just think how much it would have cost him to go to a shrink and complain compared to how much you charged him.
  • Options
    Actually, why don't you just forget it happened! Why worry over such small chit??
  • Options

After you get the coins, call him back and tell him he grossly overcharged you for shipping. Even if it was only a buck more. That ought to make his day! image
    Actually learning a few things here. What a great site.

My Ebay Sales
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I'd agree with the neutral recommendation. A short and sweet description would suffice:

"Honored bid, coins as advertised, whined to me about the sale price." Of course, if he didn't leave feedback for me first, in reality I'd probably leave no feedback at all.

Hey, buddy, if you're not happy with $X, start the bidding higher than $X or set a reserve higher than $X. Honestly, some people...
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Oh boo hoo. If the shipping and merchandise are acceptable, leave a positive and forget it, you big babyimage
  • Options

<< <i>Actually, why don't you just forget it happened! Why worry over such small chit?? >>

Sage advice. However, revenge is sweet and I'd give 'em a well-deserved neutral feedback for being so abusive and insensitive!

Speaking about abusive and insensitive, aren't you the guy who called me a POS yesterday??

Civility, please!
  • Options
    Even if you'd a won the auction for $1.00 they should have still been HAPPY to sell it to you!! Thats only good business!! Anything less and well, you may not buy from them again. Thats there loss, no matter what you leave in feedback their REAL lose is not having your repeat business, or to even have you hessitate to buy from them again.

Katrina

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Why is he complaining to you? He should complain to the underbidder. After all, the underbidder is the one who set the hammer price. For all he knows, you bid $1,000,000 for the rolls.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options

<< <i>Speaking about abusive and insensitive, aren't you the guy who called me a POS yesterday?? >>

Could be! I call them as I see them! How about showing us all where this happened though!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Speaking about abusive and insensitive, aren't you the guy who called me a POS yesterday?? >>

Could be! I call them as I see them! How about showing us all where this happened though! >>

Ken, it was in the thread on the numimatist magazine. See my latest post "Should Major take a hike"? As one ot the precived board "insiders", I'd welcome your opinion.
  • Options
    Major, yes I did!

You are percieved to be a "hit and run" poster! Post something and then stick around to defend your position. Whether you're right or wrong, at least you'll look better!...Ken
  • Options

<< <i>Major, yes I did!

You are percieved to be a "hit and run" poster! .Ken >>

Oh, shame on me!

I doubt that many of us can be expected to sit around on the computer all day. Like most, I have a day job!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file