Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I Decided to Register My IKE Dollars

I registered with the basic and also the variety sets. I first listed them last month or so and came out number 109 out of 143 with the basic set and number 54 out of 57 with the variety set.

Today, I updated my sets with new coins and I am now number 97 out of 143 with the basic set and number 47 out of 57 with the variety set. Slowly but surely, I will get up there. image

Even though I have complete IKE dollar sets, I want to complete these sets with coins that I have submitted. Otherwise, I would already be in the top 25 or so.

I have 20 IKEs that I am going to send to PCGS soon and hopefully, those will be nice additions to my collection and will bump me up a little more. image

Comments

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to say-The name of all my sets will be: "The Rampage Collection".
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Rampage,

I like the idea of a collection that was made personally. Most of my collection were bought already holdered. Finding the top level, raw coins would have been impossible to rank near the top. A lot of extra effort is needed to search out the raws.

Dave
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    Go for it.
    It's great to do it all yourself.
    That makes for a fabulous collection.image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the extra's happen to be 1972 Type 1 or type 3's? And are they available. Thinking of making my set a variety set.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LindeDad,

I have extra 1972-P TY1 & Ty3 in PCGS MS64 for sale. E-mail me @ gdhoop@lightbound.com if interested.

GrandAm

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    Best of Luck!image

It's quite a challenge to put together a complete "Home~Made" Ike Set!!
    I've onlly made a little less than half in mineimage
    I try to make mine unique by including toners and Mint-Errors.
    One day (probably MANY years down the road)....I'll complete my Error-Only Ike setimage

Gandyjai
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it will take a long time to complete-but to me, it is a great challenge. Probably the only coins I will not be able to do on my own are the 1971-P and D and 1972-P T1-T3 in PCGS MS65 or better. I already got the 72D in PCGS MS66 that I made a few months ago.

Badger-It will take allot of work as you say, but hopefully, within the next few years or so, I will have it completed. image

LindeDad-I have one of each graded MS64, but they were graded before PCGS started the designation. If for the registry, then you would want that on the holder, otherwise, I don't think it will matter. GrandAm is great to deal with and I see he has already replied that he has some for sale (Probably designated as such, too).

Gandyjai-I have looked at your set numerous times. Good luck on having a 100% Error IKE set! It will be a nice set indeed.

Richard.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks but would need the coin designated. And yes Gary is good to deal with. Bought most of my set from him. Registered it about the same time you did your. Mine is Syl's Ike $'s.