Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mini-Slabs? Good Idea?

Mini-Slabs
I am sure people will soon be printing labels and stincking reprints in them, but I may buy 20 or so and give them a try. I think it is a good idea plus they are fairly cheap. What does everyone else think?

Comments

• now all those Honus t206's that "look real but I'm not 100% sure so I'll go ahead and sell it as a reprint even though it might not be" will be JOE 10's!!!
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Yep, suprisingly he hasn't sold out yet. Too bad that people will scam with those and ruin a good idea for other collectors.
  • jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭

<< <i>Yep, suprisingly he hasn't sold out yet. Too bad that people will scam with those and ruin a good idea for other collectors. >>

People have been running slab scams for years, even with PSAs own slabs, so let's not rush to persecute this guy too quickly. There are many legitimate uses for what he is selling.
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Oh boy. A revolutionary idea for all the jerks to take advantage of. We'll soon be seeing all the OPC Gretzky, 86 Fleer Jordan, Orr RC, Roy, Lemieux, Honus Wagner, and all the rest of the T206 in these holders. Although the holder looks to fit only standard size cards. It looks like a great product except for the label which people can just manufacture their own. Okay, time to start my own grading company. It's a good idea/product but more of a bad idea in general IMO.
  • seems like someone is going to make a lot of money of those scammers! The seller may be onto something here! image
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

I wanted to see the complete product so I emailed the seller.
    This is a sample I got back and the label is on the outside of the holder. Maybe that's a good thing.
    The label is also gawd awful ugly image