Home U.S. Coin Forum

2004 silver proof set possible filled die

gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
on all 3 sets i received the texas quarter on the R in america looks obliterated like it may be a filled die. the pic i took seems too big to post. if anyone can help me out with that i can email it to you or explain how to post it.
thanks in advance, Tony. here's all 3 showing how it moves down the R

Comments

• Tony: I have three of these sets and I just checked them, none have anything like you're describing. You should be able to compress the file in photoshop or whatever program you use.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    I checked my 3 sets and the 'R' looks fine. The 45 in the reverse date looks a little weak but then I am not really please with the overall quality of the sets anyway. My Michigan has little tiny rays on the obverse and reverse.

Anybody know how long it would take to get replacements if I send these back?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok updated with pic. it also seems to progress down whereas part of the top of the R shows clear to the third coin where part of the bottom of the R shows
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    The picture isn't very good but it does look like a strike-through of som kind.
  • That is interesting. Are all three sets the exact same error?
    "You must love soldiers in order to understand them, and understand them in order to lead them."
    -Henri Turenne

updated with more pics. does this look like a filled die or is it considered mint damage
    thanks, tony
    hi speed, it is the same thing happening on all 3 coins but its like whatever its striking through is moving as each coin is struck. any info on whats happening here would be greatly appreciated.

tony

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file