Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Jester's Challenge #241

Welcome to Jester's Challenge, an interactive history lesson.

It is my hope that this series will provide us with much entertainment, knowledge, and friendship, through the active participation of as many people as possible. Please tell us what you know of this coin, or anything related to it. Thank you all!

Here's selection number 241:

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    A Portuguese $5 (escudos) piece with tobacco spit on it.

Uhhh, let me guess. Ship theme, right? You're muscling into Newbie territory.image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Krause has prices up ten and twenty fold on a lot of the modern Portugese coinage
    and it's may still be understated. All the preeuro coins are experiencing good demand and many
    of them are nearly non-existent except in circulated condition.

I'm not familiar enough with this particular one to comment but am confident it is not common.
    The older issues of this coin are exceedingly elusive in nice XF or better.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I didn't believe to myself---you did me that day, man!!!

Great "Small (Latin) Caravel" !image

Now... let's see what will be ypur next challenge..image
    N. N.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, Cladking! Even with the "tobacco spit" on it, it's not too bad looking. Otherwise, it'd be AU or better. Damn chaw!!

Glad to make your day, Nick!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22