Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Jester's Challenge #240

Welcome to Jester's Challenge, an interactive history lesson.

It is my hope that this series will provide us with much entertainment, knowledge, and friendship, through the active participation of as many people as possible. Please tell us what you know of this coin, or anything related to it. Thank you all!

Here's selection number 240:

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    The ship L'Astrolabe under the command of Dumont d'Urville sailed from France to the South Pacific in voyages of discovery in 1826-29 and 1837-1840
    The second voyage was to search for the South magnetic pole.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • I almost missed that BEAUTY!!!

GREAT SHIPCOIN, that might ".. a great addition to any collection or wonderfull present for any shipcoin's lover person, even if it will be you" !! So, or something like that is written in great Danglen's site about these coins and it is TRUE!!

Still haven't that great piece in my collection image

BTW, thatnks you, Farthing for interested info, related that boat!!

P.S. And thanks, Mike for posting it--if I'm not mistaken, you promissed to scan that coin some time ago...
    N. N.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Nick, I believe you're correct, and sorry for the delay!!

Thanks for the info, Farthing. How many of these were minted?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
    My 2001 Krause does not list a mintage for this one.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
  • ID has already been given, but it is a cool coin.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the coin (or design) from whence the Newbiecollector icon derives?

Looks like L'Astrolabe's astrolabe was broken- they've charted a course straight for those rocks! Look out! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭