Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Jester's Challenge #239

Welcome to Jester's Challenge, an interactive history lesson.

It is my hope that this series will provide us with much entertainment, knowledge, and friendship, through the active participation of as many people as possible. Please tell us what you know of this coin, or anything related to it. Thank you all!

Here's selection number 239:

imageimageimage
.....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Comments

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I see a Turtle boat!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    1959 50 Hwan and the mintage was 24,640,000. The turtle boat was used in war and was of an Iron-clad construction.image
  • Options
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are harder to find in nice unc condition than the Krause price would indicate. Theree
    likely is very small demand but neither of these issues is readily available. I believe the circs
    have long since been melted but can be found in poundage.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Wow, what a surprise!! That one nice Tutrle boat is only in my "Want list", untill now!!

Looks like very fruitfull challenges for fellow-ship collectors...image
    N. N.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    An ironclad boat?? image

When I lived in Korea nearly 20 years ago, I noticed that practically all the coins were heavily worn, and the new issues became used and abused quickly. So I'm not surprised at all that uncirculated or high grade examples are tough.

It looks like this one has a bit of glue residue on one side, which I expect can be removed with acetone. I found this and another, very well-worn example in a bulk lot.

Historygeek, thanks for the fascinating links!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22